The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Little help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I would like to know where the difference is between cold reading, mentalism, nlp and remote viewing.

I thought cold reading is already that you can get information from people just throught talking with them. but at the moment there are several topics about remote viewing and sometimes it is said: no 50/50 or cold stuff because it doesn't work no nlp and so on.
I read a little article about r.v. on wikipedia which someone posted here but I couldn't translate about the half. maybe you can give me some inforamtion about this all.

thx a lot
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Check out the Gas Station Psychic Reading topic. It covers everything except for NLP. And I'm not going into NLP on an open forum. (I heard that some guy said the wrong thing at a Tony Robbins rally, and a bunch of NLPer ate him...) Smile

Tony
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Thank you. if you would like tony you can send me a pm and go further with a description.

thank you very much!
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jah just so you can save yourself countless hours of reading. RV is not real. Nobody that claims they can RV will actually take a challenge etc etc. I sumed it all up right there! You can thank me now for saving you hours of reading.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Chichi

Just because a group of magicians are unable to do something does not make the thing less legitimate. No, I cannot remote view, nor can I write a symphony. I've never met anyone that could write a symphony, so should I say that no one can? A wise man once told me that you can have all the doubts in the world and be sure that it does not exist, but keep an open mind. Just because our experience does not expose us to it does not make it false.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I would agree for the most part. and I am not trying to argue here. We all know I have been doing plenty of that in other forums. I don't know anybody that can write a symphony either. But if I met somebody that told me they could I bet they could do one of two things for me.

1. They could show me a symphony that they wrote.

2. They could write a small symphony for me and show me that they are real.

I want RV to be real I really do. I wish that I could do it. Everytime I ask somebody to do it they duck and dodge all over the place. They tell me they have nothing to prove etc etc. Then they go on for 10 pages telling everybody they have the ability. Something does not line up there.

I do beleive that people have abilities that others don't. RV is just not one of them!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

I agree with you, but you have to consider a few things:

1. You're asking these questions on a magician's forum not a psychic forum
2. Magicians/mentalists mimic remote viewing, so when you say, "Can you?" they say, "Yes, it's in my act."
3. Your on the Internet where the people can be anything they want, if they pretend hard enough. Just don't call them on it though...

So, you should not base your opinions on what you find here.
(It's the wrong place to be asking these questions.)

Just my opinion.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Yes I agree. The only thing is that there have been people on here that say yes they can RV. Not it's part of my act, but that they can do it for real.

I want to do it live and see somebody do it. Nobody will give me that chance though Smile
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Arghs... and what the ... is remote viewing now exactly and where are the differences between r.v. and nlp, cold reading and normal mentalism?
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
A) Mentalism is the art to get people think you can read minds, but you use props

b) Cold reading is the art to get people think you can read minds, but you don't use anything, you do it cold ie stock lines, statements, general placings

c) NLP is the art to really read thoughts with the skill of getting information from behaviour or body language or veerbal influence and the others don't know what you do.

d) RV is the art to to get people think you can transport thoughts and read minds, but you use a) or b) or c).
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Dan could you explain D) a little better?
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
@chichi711: RV is only portion of a wide field in the open eye science.

There are only two possibilities, whether you believe it or not. If you or anyone else believe it, ok...

But, if you don't believe in RV, we can discuss about the general possibilities to produce such an effect. I would use in this case hypnosis. But cold reading, nlp or mentalism are also perhaps for few people better possibilites to hit the target. Look a few threads in this forum and you get an impression about that what I mean.

So, to close, in my opinion it is possible to really rv, but that is not exciting.

Exciting and a great suspense is if you don't have the skill to do something like that, anyway you make them all believe you are a really psychic, and that's the magic in Magick!

dan parker
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Do you RV?
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
No, I am not in remote viewing.

in my hypnosis courses and therapies we make different experiences with astral yourneys , past life regression, and also telepathy with good results.

But you are only able to do such things with great concentration , with a very well mood dependend environment and it takes too long.

These are strange experiments with partial strange results, and you must learn step by step the meaning and the signification of them.

These are not things you can do "by the way" on internet, but , possible, there are better skilled people out there who make the unpossible believable.

dan parker
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Well said. Thanks for the insight.
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
You´re welcome

dan parker
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
a) Mentalism is the art to get people think you can read minds, but you use props

Mentalism does not require props, although they're usually used. Mentalism is a type of magic where the effects are ostensibly achieved through clairvoyance, psychic power, telekinesis, mind reading, etc.

Cold reading is a technique to fake psychic powers, or to pretend to know more about the subject than you actually know.

Remote viewing is the ability to see something in a remote location via supernatural means (ie, not via cameras or other technology). There are some mentalism effects that are psuedo remote viewing, and some people claim to have actual remote viewing powers.

NLP is an acronym for neuro-linguistic programming. From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the name of a set of models and principles proposed in 1973 by Richard Bandler and John Grinder to describe the relationship between mind (neuro) and language (linguistic, both verbal and non-verbal) and how their interaction might be organized (programming) to affect an individual's mind, body and behavior.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Thanks Jim tron. I is interesting to see different peoples meanings.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
You're welcome. Yes, I'm sure we would not all define these terms the same way.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 17:04, dan parker wrote:
a) Mentalism is the art to get people think you can read minds, but you use props

b) Cold reading is the art to get people think you can read minds, but you don't use anything, you do it cold ie stock lines, statements, general placings

c) NLP is the art to really read thoughts with the skill of getting information from behaviour or body language or veerbal influence and the others don't know what you do.

d) RV is the art to to get people think you can transport thoughts and read minds, but you use a) or b) or c).

Are you sure about b and c? I thought cold reading is where you get information about the people without using gimmicks or something like this. just through talking to and with them..

If you want you can explain a to d a little more in German via pm. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Little help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL