The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » bending gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brainman
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of brainman
I came along with a bending gimmick which fits me...

Can anyone (roughly?) tell me what a "fender bender" A NU, does?

Thanks. Smile
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Alain Nu’s "Fender Bender" is a two-phase spoon bending routine. I have seen him perform it close-up several times and it looks un-believable!

First the spoon bends, as if melting, while held only by the finger tips. Next, the spoon bends even further and twists to a 90% angle.

It's a fairly simple gimmick, but worth the price for the work that Alain has put into it. Although I do not perform this type of metal bending, I highly recommended it if you're planning to do spoon bending.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hi Eric, are there any online videos showing Alain's effects?
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
I really don't want to offend anyone. BUt why need a gimmick. THere are many variations out there for bednign spoons, keys etc wihout a gimmcik. I perform bendings for years now without the use of a gimmick except for bending coins of course.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Is Fender Bender still available?

Chad
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
In response to Thomas,

I've been performing bends for a number of years myself, and there are somethings you just can't do with your bare hands. I know that I've got a gimick myself for a few different things, depending on what I want to do. For example, I have a gimmick for putting a twist in a spoon. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully capable of performing Banachek's version, and many times I do. However, when I want to put a truly elegant twist in a spoon I do the handling I've worked out. Instead of the knot of metal, I create a very elegant, slow twist, that I think looks nicer. It's not something, due to the nature of the end result, that I can do with my bare hands, and the same goes for any other effect you want to accomplish. I would love to see Fender Bender, and also want to know if Alain has still got it on the market. Anybody know?

Cheers,

-Erik
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-11-13 17:30, Chad Sanborn wrote:
Is Fender Bender still available?

Chad

It's listed here. Don't know if it's in stock.
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

HI Erik,

Thanks for your answer. As menioned I really didn't want to offend and I agree that some gimmicks might be very helful. I do own an older gimmick by Guy Bavli I bought years ago.

A quite useful bending gimmick for bending coins I've seen recently is the invisi-bender by Roy Kueppers. YOu borrow a coin and you instantly can bend it.
Nice touch.

Another good source is side bending spoon by Guy Bavli.

Greetings
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hi Thomas , the latter, by Bavli isn't actually a gimmic that can put a bend in,( as I.m sure you are aware) but wouldnt want anyone who is looking for that particular source to think it was. Prefer the Williamson bend myself ,very clean especially if you can ditch using a R.E.M.
Regards Mark
E.O.I
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Following on from this post, can someone recommend a good coin bend. Now I have been putting bends in coins, but this has meant switching before hand. I want to take a signed coin etc, and bend that. The coin bending gimmicks,how concealed are they, can you do it with your hand in view,etc. I am looking for some advise on the best to buy.

kind regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Pksilverware is the bible (in my opinion) and for bending gimmick, I love the omni bender (described in Explicit content by sean fields) costs less than 1$ to make, and it takes 2 seconds (timed it!) but it's for key bending, a bit of tweaking can be done and it would be for spoons n forks too...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Mark,

Thanks for clearifying. I knew it but confounded it with another gimmick but can't exactly remember.

Steve, recently I was shown the invisi-bender by Roy Kueppers. YOu can borrow a coin and bend it in front of audience. maybe that one can help you.

Greetings
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » bending gimmicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL