The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cut and restored IPOD headphone cord (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I was riding the Metro and noticed all the very loud headphone music (I could sing along if I wanted to, it was THAT loud). Then I had the idea of a cut and restored headphone cord..... Might be a good way to get stomped, but under the right circumstances (a stooge maybe) it might be funny.

What do you think?

Yeah, it's slow at work and I have WAY too much time to think right now. lol.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
I like it! =) >:-]
Nothing says "I have a mainstream MP3 player" like a white headphone cord! ;P
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Somebody else has already come up with this idea (of course) and it was in print someplace, but I completly forget. I seem to recall it being on a blog? Maybe that was it.

If you can find it someplace, it has further details like the sound not coming out of the earbud and other details.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Great idea... I think I have seen Cyril do something similar...
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
There was an idea for this in the secret sessions forum although you will need some computer skills.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Computer skills? why?
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Funny, there was an IPOD under the tree for me this morning Smile
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Me too actually... IPOD nano ... love it
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
If they have the earbuds with the controls on the cord...you could "cut" near there and secretly press stop to give it the illusion in their ears.

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
sdmmagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sdmmagician
On the oh-so-cheesy Penn & Teller underwater magic special, they did a cut and restored air hose to this guy underwater. It was, from what I could tell, a very straight-forward handling, and could easily be replicated with the white cord. The only problem that it leaves is the sound issue.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Oh-so-cheesy?? I kind of liked it... some good stuff on there... the 52 revelations was quite entertaining and the fact that they didn't use Penn in most of the underwater tricks and no one noticed until the end was a nice touch too.
sdmmagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sdmmagician
I enjoyed the special as well. I just just personally found the premise a bit weak, and would prefer to see the focus placed much more on the magic, and not so much on some marketing "gimmick" (no pun intended).

In addition, I was also referring to a portion of the show where Penn himself admitted that it was a cheesy premise. In no way was that comment meant to bash Penn & Teller, they're great. I just felt that the way they played out the "underwater" theme didn't do the two justice. Regardless, are there any second opinions on using their method (unless it's stealing) on an iPod cord rather than the airhose?
jonzola
View Profile
New user
canada
42 Posts

Profile of jonzola
I have performed a cut and restored telephone cord...you know the spiral ones.
I had a short piece of matching cord on a pull. I was working in an office at the time and it freaked my co-worker out. I did it on my boss while he was talking to my buddy, who was watching from his cubical. When I cut the cord he stopped talking. When I restored it he began again mid sentence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cut and restored IPOD headphone cord (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL