The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Special Offer from Bob Cassidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
I have been waiting for months, and from what Bob says on his site, he is trying to get caught up.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2005-12-31 13:57, bartlewizard wrote:
In the case of Puzzled, 50 copies were released exclusively at $50 apiece. It was clealy stated in the advert that it did NOT form part of his subscription offer and purchasers were asked to keep the effect confidential.

Fast forward a very few weeks and it appears on the list of subscription offers of 10 for 100 dollars.

I didn´t buy Puzzled but I´d be mighty peeved if I had.

I sure am Bartlewizard.

Then again, perhaps I should have known better. Afterall, Bob has done this kind of thing before....

Iain.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
As I have received no PMs from anyone who is unhappy with the wait for fulfillment I have described earlier in this thread, I must assume that I am in the vast minority and will not pursue any compilation of unfulfilled order for reports to Mr. Cassidy, Paypal,etc.

I will continue to courteously remind Dr. Bob that he has not sent me the five pieces he offered under his special -- and that I have listed to him over the past 5 months......with no response.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-12-28 18:08, bartlewizard wrote:

Re Paypal, I did complain to them and they did uphold my complaint BUT they said they couldn´t refund me as he didn´t have any funds in his account (this was when he took his website down to "catch up" - interesting timing). Then his website comes back up and I wrote to Paypal as I knew from various forums that he was definitely making sales. They thanked me for the information but haven´t replied any further. I never actually wanted a refund, I just wanted Bob stirred into action so I am letting the matter rest as it seems pointless otherwise.

I have a question. Here in the UK if I pay for a product via the internet using my VISA/Mastercard and get ripped off I am entitled to a refund of the purchase from VISA.

Doesn't the same thing apply in the US; or am I going to be out of luck when I move back to California later on this year?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Mindguy,

You are absolutely correct. I had to do that a few months ago when I ordered a product from magicworldonline.com which never shipped my product. I ordered with VISA, and when I complained, they immediately credited my account the full amount, which became permanent after they investigated the situation, which takes about a month. I've actually had to do that twice, and both with mentalism purchases, oddly enough...

However, I believe PayPal is a different matter, as they are not a credit card company, but rather a "middle man" payment system. I've often heard of difficulties in getting refunds from them.

Seth
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I have been pushing Paypal for some action regarding the Cassidy situation and some ofthe replies I´ve had are laughable.

At one point they send me rules regarding Ebay transactions - I reply that this was not and never has been an ebay transaction. They then reply that they aren´t allowed to deal with ebay complaints and that I should contact them!

And that reply is just the top of the idiotic iceberg.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Seriously? I ordered "Complete One-Man Billet Routines", but after two unanswered mail reminders from me, I had to pull the paypal-safety-strap. And after 21 days, they voted in my favor and refunded me.

1. The dispute HAS to be filed withing 30 days from the order.
2. I strongly recommend to remind the seller kindly several times, and save these mails.

Good luck.

PS. I still want the "Complete One-Man Billet Routines", so after hearing that _anyone_ got them when ordered, I will order again. PLEASE NOTE: Everything else from Mr.Cassidy has been delivered very promptly.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I ordered the 10-for-100 package, and got a comprehensive list of links within an hour. Ordered late at night, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Quote:
On 2005-12-23 16:14, Mark Timon wrote:
-Puzzled- was sold few months ago for 50 dollars as an exclusive LIMITED release, I'm sorry for the guys who bought it but it's their fault for trusting Bob.

As of today; Puzzled is avaliable through Lybrary.com. So much for exclusive-ness.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2009-05-28 07:54, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-23 16:14, Mark Timon wrote:
-Puzzled- was sold few months ago for 50 dollars as an exclusive LIMITED release, I'm sorry for the guys who bought it but it's their fault for trusting Bob.

As of today; Puzzled is avaliable through Lybrary.com. So much for exclusive-ness.

Why resurrect a three year old thread to stir up a hornets nest?

What is your purpose?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Special Offer from Bob Cassidy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL