The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John george dvd need review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Can someone please give us a review of john george dvd vol 1

thanks
Adam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's his previousely released video now on DVD I think. He's got killer chops!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Has one of the best ideas for the ending to Maven's Positive/Negative routine... I use it all the time.

greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
If the DVD has the same material that's on the tape, then I can safely recommend it. There are tapes that you keep on hand and watch over and over. This is not one of them. I watched it once, and immediately put effects into my working repertoire. No need to watch the tape again, I see the stuff every night.

I second Greg's comment. John's handling of Positive/Negative is terrific. It's a rare find in many respects--a mental effect in which nothing is written down, a coin effect in which the audience is directly involved,(and they don't just hold the coins, they determine the outcome) and although it involves coins, and I perform it, it requires no physical manipulation at all.

There is also a very commercial visible coins through glass routine with an ending that will make you want to kick yourself for not thinking of it first. This one's a worker.

And there is one section that you will want to watch again, if you've ever wondered if the classic force with cards could look easy and unassuming. John does this very well, and his tips on this are insightful and come from years in the trenches.

So, the bottom line is that you don't really need this DVD. Unless you like to perform stunning commercial magic close up for real people, or ever hope to. In that case, buy it.

You will need some familiarity with the basic techniques of close up. You don't need superhuman mastery of the flying wintuple lift, but if you know enough to appreciate the value of good practical working material, you'll find gold here.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Where is this available from?
-thanks
To believe is Magic.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Look HERE and HERE .... does sound like a good dvd..... More reviews? ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The guy helping him on the DVD is OUTSTANDING!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I've seen John perform at his restaurant gigs in southern Cal as well as the Magic Castle. His routines are very polished. The thing that I like the best from his video is the handling of the haunted pack with loops. John performs this effect exactly as he teaches it on the video.
Stryker
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Stryker
This is great stuff. I never thought I could palm a card until I saw his Favorite Card to Pocket. Now I perform it all the time. It creates such a strong impression and establishes my credibility immediately.

The Invisible Prediction is fantastic too. People repeatedly accuse me of having "fast hands" when I perform. This trick allows me to step back and do the impossible without any fancy moves. True magic!

You can tell he has put a lot of thought into the routines he develops. They are as precise as they are diverse. Solid, fine-tuned materials like this really help me to improve as a magician.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Another killer routine that nobody has mentioned on this thread is the "Valentine Pack". This is a routine by Steve Valentine, that was included (with his permission) on the VHS/DVD. It is one of the best haunted pack routines I have ever seen.

By the way, you can also get this from John directly. You can email him at:

magic@johngeorge.com

or go to http://www.johngeorge.com

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John george dvd need review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL