The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One good force deserves another... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
Quote:
On 2005-12-25 18:01, lane99 wrote:
SO, at the start, the deck is stacked, from the top: KH-QH-QD-48 BLANK cards-KD. I then force the KH, and QH. After these cards have been forced, for the dealing/call "stop"/mark the spot to work, the remaining deck (minus the KH, QH) has to be in the original order (i.e. QD-48 BLANK cards-KD).

Ohhh, this is a much more lax requirement than:

Quote:
On 2005-12-24 16:42, lane99 wrote:
And, after the two cards have been forced, the deck has to be in it's original setup order (i.e. the third, throu to the 52nd card have to be in the same order they were in at the start (before the forces).

I thought the entire deck had a particular stack. Only the third AND the 52nd card need to be in the original order, since the rest of the deck is just blank. Maybe try this:

Start with the setup KH-QH-QD-KD-48 BLANK cards. Thumb the top four cards into your right hand singly, so that they end up in REVERSE order; in your right hand, you'll have KD-QD-QH-KH from top to bottom. While you casually do that, say, "I'm going to go through the cards," timing your words to end at around the same time as that fourth card comes off of the deck. Continue, "... and I'd like you to simply touch any one you like." As you say that, begin spreading the deck from left to right in a normal spread, secretly keeping the four non-blank cards under the spread. Similar to the Hofzinser spread force, I believe, but you start with the cards on top of the deck.

Spectator 1 touches a card, you blab about how fair the choice is ("Are you sure? You can change your mind.. want me to go back? forward some more?" etc, whatever suits your performance). Once Spec1 is happy, you square the cards in your right hand and extend the bottom card of that right-hand packet to them (KH). Continue spreading the left cards, but now keep all of the right-hand cards underneath as you spread the rest. Spec2 touches a card, you square up and extend the bottom card (QH).

While they look at their cards and show them around, or while you reveal that they have chosen the match (again, whichever suits you), bring the right hand packet UNDER the left, then double undercut the bottom card (QD) to the top.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is, the whole thing is actually very quick and seemingly fair. I just tend to type too much......... I can make a quick video if you're interested, otherwise good luck with whichever method you choose =)

HB
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
870 Posts

Profile of e-man
Trevor Lweis has a good and easy force in his book Close-up.It can also be found in Bob Solaris Lecture notes "Cunning Stunts"
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Quote:
On 2005-12-25 04:47, h4xor wrote:
I'm quite new to card force..
can anyone recommend any DVD / Books focusing on this matter ?

Annemann's 202 Methods of Forcing
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
@HB: Your idea sounds cool (though I don't completely follow it). For me, though, I don't think I'd use this because I don't like to do a force which would rely on taking a card off the bottom of a pack (I have the notion people will have more of a tendency to be suspcious of that). It would be fun to see a video, anyway. But I wouldn't want to put you to any trouble.

...And thank you everyone for the ideas. I'm going over them now.

...To those who suggested me NOT to use two different forces, I wonder how sure you are that that wouldn't be ideal? Actually, even if I thought I COULD get away the the "Criss Cross" force twice in a row, I wouldn't have done it. I'm imagining that two different forces will be more entertaining, just for the sake of the variety. I'm not imagining that people will find that "suspicious" at all. But has anyone ever been called on that??
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2005-12-25 04:47, h4xor wrote:
I'm quite new to card force..
can anyone recommend any DVD / Books focusing on this matter ?

The answer to this, and most other questions about learing sleight of hand with cards, is Card Collage volumes 1-4
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Cut the pack and pick up a break between the force cards.
Riffle force to the break.
Have one spectator look at the bottom card of one half and the other look at the top card of the lowerhalf. This seems to be an expediant way to have two cards selected.
Drop the upper half onto the lower using the LePaul method to injog the force card on the bottom of the top half.
Pick up the break and pause to patter for a moment then casually double cut the cards to control them to their original postions.

False shuffle as needed...
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
Quote:
On 2005-12-27 21:24, lane99 wrote:
@HB: Your idea sounds cool (though I don't completely follow it). For me, though, I don't think I'd use this because I don't like to do a force which would rely on taking a card off the bottom of a pack (I have the notion people will have more of a tendency to be suspcious of that). It would be fun to see a video, anyway. But I wouldn't want to put you to any trouble.

It's not taking a card from the bottom, to the spectator. From their point of view, you spread the cards, they touch one in the middle, you give it to them. I'll make a video sometime soon and edit this post with a link =) No trouble at all.

Like I said, good luck whatever you use, glad there are a lot of ideas in this thread.
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
Riffle force seems a good idea. I've got two questions for anybody:

1. Does it work if people are staring intently at the front of the deck (where you're riffling the cards)? And can you separate the deck at a deliberate, moderate pace? Or do you have to separate it LIGHTENING FAST, as shown in the Penguin magic video (I don't like to do things fast).

2. Can I assume the riffle force is not intended for use when you're surrounded 360degrees by spectators?

Ok, that was more than two questions. Sorry ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One good force deserves another... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL