The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » More on Fakini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Are these original fakini balls. As I have seen people selling sets on the net and they cost around $80. So these seem a bit cheep to me.

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......%3AManip

Thanks, Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Denny would not call them "Fakini's" if they were not!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
If you're looking at the .5" and 1" manipulation ball sets, they take a lot less material to make than the 1.75" and 2" sets, so the price can be much lower ($7 for a set of seven .5" and $17 for a set of five 1"). I've purchased two sets of 1" balls (one yellow, one white) from Denny and they both came in pristine condition. He marks his used items accordingly and doesn't sell knock-offs.

I should also add that Denny's site is a catalog of what he carries, not a list of what he has in stock. He had several sets of these smaller manipulation balls in stock as of his last e-mail newsletter, but no 1.75" balls in several colors and limited supplies of 2" balls. The sets of three balls plus a gimmick usually go for $80 because folks buy them on eBay when all of the dealers are out of stock. Fakinis are one of those items where you probably won't get a discount at auction.
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Thanks wasn't to sure this is my first time searching for Fakini balls on the internet.

Thanks, Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
Yep that's them.
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
Does any one know if Fakini makes a hank ball of the same sizequality and colors as his multiplying balls?

Today I use the vernet balls and I open the routine by visualy transforming a silk into the first ball.
I hope this could be done with Fakini balls.

thanks,
Dani
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
To what cfrye said-
I originally tried to buy my set of 1.75" white Fakinis from Denny but was referred to an extremely long waiting list. They said it would be a while before they had enough in stock. That was about a year ago. I ended up buying my set from Stephens.
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Dani,
I cant be 100% certain but I don't think Fakini makes a hank ball to match. They make several matched gimmicks, sets, other props, etc but I cannot recall seeing a hank ball. You could manage the silk change with a different method and keep that routine intact or use a wooden or plastic hank ball that could pass for one of the fakinis and switch it out for the rest of the routine. Good luck.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » More on Fakini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.69 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL