The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Compelete Mentalism Act (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2073 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Jack Kent Tillar has multiple acts described in Duet. All for two people. This is the only book of his I own, but it is another for the list.

Luke Jermay’s 45 minute performance with The Marksman Deck is free to watch. I did buy the deck because of the video. His other VI projects have full shows, as well. I think his material is great, not so much because I use it, but more because of his very sincere delivery. He sets an example of what I think a real mind reader might look like.

I do believe the real value of watching a full show is in the why, not the how. What’s the narrative? How does the performer build up from an opener? Why put the material in a particular order?

Patrick
ltrblst
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Great thread!

Please mods correct the spelling of the title so the search works better
-- Lut
Sharktale
View Profile
New user
Ukraine
31 Posts

Profile of Sharktale
Bob Cassidy in Penguin live lecture shows the structure of his act. The structure is really similar to the structure of his act, that he explains in one of his books (The art of mentalism)

Richard Osterlind in "mind mysteries vol.1" explains his act.

And I love Derren Brown full theatre shows.

Paul Daniels Bravura. On there Paul explains his approach in rutaining a show.

I decided to give this texture to create dynamics;

- only me standing on stage without any spectators doing something for whole audience.
- me and one spectator (participant).
- me and 2 spectators or participants on stage.
- only me doing something on stage.
- me and 3 spectators.
- for the finale there is only me standing on stage.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
999 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2020, johnhsawyer wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2018, snm wrote:
Necro post much? lol (This is a 13 year old thread)

Since so much time has gone by though maybe people can add some full acts that have been released in the last 13 years.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Mick Ayres ACT series.

There is also Docc Hilford's Perfect Mental Club Act

I'll second the Act Series from Mick Ayers. The revival of this thread is what first made me aware of Mick's work. After some quick research through the Café, I bought the entire set of books. There is currently a package deal being offered for all 5.

-jhs

Hi John,

Just to keep everybody updated, a week ago I released "Mr. Know-It-All" (Book Six in the Act-Series). This is the Act I was performing at the Disney resort when the Pandemic shut things down. Also, I have plans for a 'companion book' for the Act-Series that is not far off either.

I hope you are doing well, sir.

Mick

http://www.mickayreswares.com/the_act_series
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Fedora
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Mick, are you back performing at disney yet?
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
375 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
This thread made me revisit Fat-Free Mentalism by John Riggs. Now available on lulu.com (https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&contributor=John+Riggs&page=1&pageSize=10) and it is also included in one of his highly recommended Mastermind books. I'm not sure which one and I can't check because I'm not at home.
The 30 minute act is still as strong as it was 23 years ago. And if you like Sneak-Thief-esque routines (is there anyone who doesn't??) you will find some nice tips here as well which I completely forgot about. Now I will have to reread all of John Riggs' material!
BTW: not a single playing card in sight in this 30 minute act.
It is clear that John knows his character and knows what this character can and cannot do.
If you want to create an act, first create a character and then find material that fits this character. You must know the limitations of what your character can do. It's these limitations and restrictions that will set you free in choosing the right material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Compelete Mentalism Act (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL