We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a guitar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1522 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Just ordered the Peal DC-20 acoustic/electric guitar. I never played the guitar but I've always wanted to learn, so I didn't want to get anything very expensive. The reviews were great and it has a lifetime warranty. Does anyone else own one or even have experience with one.

Check it out
http://www.guitarimports.com/dc20.htm
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Well, I own over 20 guitars. But I have no expeirience with that brand. As for learning, I highly reccomend getting an instructor. I had a great instructor when I was learning. After my lessons where done, he would come to all my gigs when I played professionally. If you cant afford to get an instructor subscribe to a guitar magizine, It will help. Plus you get some really good tabulature. I suggest either Guitar world or Guitar one magizine. Good luck and enjoy your new baby.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Congratulations!

Like Corey, I own several guitars but I have never heard of a Peal.

I wish you the best with your quest! Be patient, learning to play the guitar well takes time.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mike Baxter
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, B.C.
87 Posts

Profile of Mike Baxter
Any music-related items are always likely to be on the Harmony Central d/b see:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Da......0-1.html
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
Welcome to the world of music my friend!
Remember
In BLues we trust!
Keep passing the open windows!
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Welcome to the wonderful world of guitars.
Over the years I have owned many models.
Gibson and the old Guilds are my favorites.
Love the Blues and Folk and Rock.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I spent years as a Fender kind of guy, but I'm now in love with the Danelectro I have had for the past 3 years. I also have a Gibson Les Paul, but I never play it.

I just got my fiance an acoustic for christmas with the promise that I'd give her lessons. Then we'll start a band and travel the world! Okay... maybe not that part...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Just as a matter of fact..the question was " have you heard of Peal Guitars?" ..not "which make do you have?"..Rant over.
so reis which brand did you buy here..and...have you heard of Peal Guitars.
Me Gibson SG, Epiphone Les Paul, Yahmaha FG461S(which I hope to trade in for a Gibson J450.

Howard
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Haha! Okay, you got me there, Howard. Yes, I have heard of Peal guitars, but I've never played one. I bought a Dean Markley for my gal.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
No Poblems Reis..having had a look at the link given..and if you believe all the marketing hype, then they seem a good "el cheapo" guitar.

Howard
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I should list my axes:

Gibson Les Paul, Cherry burst, 1971
Gibson Les Paul Special, Balck, 2001
Gibson WM45 acoustic, 2002
Guild F312 12 string, 1970

My sold list is long, some of which I wished I still had.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1522 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Hkwiles, I take it I didn't make a smart choice in choosing a guitar huh? I really didn't know what to get, I guess all of the hype sounded good lol. How could one tell if it is real or hype anyways. Any reliable sources. Harmony central gave it pretty good reviews. Any place else I might find "honest reviews"?
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
The best way about going and buying a guitar is to go to a music shop and actually play around with it and get a feel for it. But there is nothing wrong with what you did. This is your first, after you learn to play the bug will bite and you will be on the look out for a really nice guitar. I have a few junkers myself. I buy them for the fact that some of them have a unique sound that works with my music. Others I bought because I wanted to Bring them home strip them down and repaint them. I don't do that with my expensive ones though. About 13 of my guitars were over 1000 bucks. So those don't get to be stripped.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1522 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of money Smile
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Its not to bad. My profession rig that I used when playing concerts was a little over 12 grand. That is including my stack amplifier, and my rack system. My Marshall amp alone is the best you can get. Most top bands use it and it is over 4 grand. But I worked at a music distributor, so I got it at cost.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-12-27 20:59, Corey Harris wrote:
The best way about going and buying a guitar is to go to a music shop and actually play around with it and get a feel for it.

Uh, better be carefulwith that. Litigation may folow.

read this! (unbelieavable as it may seem)

http://www.macclesfield-express.co.uk/ne......dle.html

These folks have lost their minds, no?

The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-12-27 20:59, Corey Harris wrote:
The best way about going and buying a guitar is to go to a music shop and actually play around with it and get a feel for it.

Uh, better be careful with that one...litigation may follow if you play the wrong notes..the music police are out in full force!

Read this!:http://www.macclesfield-express.co.uk/news/s/207/207169_its_a_fiddle.html

these folks have lost their minds, no?

Yup...it's the end of the world!
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Now that is ridiculous. I wont buy a guitar unless I play it. It looks like I wont be buying anything from PRS. I guess I could buy it, take it home, Play it for a day and return it. Hell, when I worked for Musicians Friend we have people like that all the time. They would order every thing they need to do a concert and it would come back with in 30 days for their refund. People in the call center even suggested it to the customers.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Like I said, it's crazy beyond belief.

And you know what? this whole thing probably started with some moronic, greedy lawyer pouring over tons of legal documents and saying "Hmmmm. Now lets see. how can we find a way to get MORE money by stretching the interpretation of the law to it's ultimate , ridiculous limits?"

It's no wonder these people are hated and despised do vehemently. It's their sub- human way of thinking that brings on the hatred. They need to get a life and join the REAL world.

Geeeeeeesh. Give me a break.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Well daddyof2..did it arrive ? and is it any good?

Howard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a guitar (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL