We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a guitar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
I would also suggest taking lessons. You can't beat the one on one instruction. I have not heard of the Peal model, either. Personally myself, I prefer an Ovation super shallow bowl. Legend or Custom Legend. I feel like I can just control the thing better.

If I were going to buy one today, I would definitely check out any of the Seagull models.

I also own a 1948 Gibson that I got from my grandpa when he passed away. It was what he played.
"Go Browns!"
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I would also say taking lessons are the best way to go.
But if you REALLY cannot afford lesson, there are a lot of very well produced instructional DVDs and books.
Although not as good as lesson, there will give you a good start.
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
Just want to confirm Mstick's statement about Seagulls - I own two (an S6 acoustic and an S6 acoustic-electric) and they're superior to guitars costing several times the price. The Seagull neck is 1/8" wider than a standard steel-string guitar - terrific if you're into fingerstyle. I hope to purchase one of their high-end models soon.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi bobby,

your buddy mac here.. I'm also a guitarist player person lol..

find the chords to your favorite songs at http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

I suggest buying an electronic tuner for your guitar and learn the basics of holding and fingering chords.. I'm always on yahoo on the weekends if you need any help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a guitar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL