The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » On-Line Magic Lessons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
While surfing the web this morning I came across a magician's website that besides the usual services we offer, was selling magic lessons in various packages ranging between $40 & $160. He suppies the materials needed plus home printed instructions and DVD explaining everything. With a little research I found out this is a college student with about 3 years in magic and NONE of the effects or routines he exposes errr I mean teaches, are his to begin with! Am I being to picky or is there something very wrong about this?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26975 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm wondering about the material taught.

Not gonna get into issues of "qualification".
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
This is the evil step-child of all the marketing brohaha that has been going on for the past ten years. Good old back of the room sales, other streams of income, etc. The magic community is reaping what has been sown.

Then again this is in keeping with a long line of distingusied magicians who have done the same, let me see...Chavez, Harlan Tarbell, Harry Houdini, Mark Wilson - what's a young boy to do?

This too shall pass. Have patience.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » On-Line Magic Lessons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL