The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Trouble remebering tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
This is a great question. I have had this problem forever! My solution was really simple actually....I always use cheat sheets. In my wallet I have several small cards with various routines outlined for impromptu purposes, etc. Even doing shows I had cheat lists if needed! Part of the reason for me is that I have a neurological problem that effects short term memory and when I am nervous...like before a show...I have trouble (sometimes, not always) remembering 'parts' of my show, even ones done many times.

The point is, you do what you need to do. I have found little reminder cards with lists of my favorite tricks to be invaluable. Give it a try. All best,
Brad Burt
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
That sounds right. Musicians also use set lists when they play live.

Alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I have played drums behind big name acts and many have used from time to time a list and even dialogue taped to the stage!

Thanks for the opportunity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Trouble remebering tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL