The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Anyone know of a good routine using this?
Who might perform on a DVD?

I never used one before but when looking at the "beyond okito"
Looks awesome..
Thanks,
Don
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
The best place to start is with David Roth's book because it's got a wealth of material. It contains both routines and moves with which to build your own.

A-1 put out several David Roth videos quite a while ago, one of which was devoted to the Okito box. I think it's been republished as a DVD but I'm not sure who owns the rights now, probably L&L.

Mike Gallo has some really nice work with the box but you've got to look around to find his stuff published. Mike has a couple of nice routines on a VHS called The Dynasty Continues, I don't think it made it to DVD.

Dave Neighbors also has some interesting stuff but to my knowledge it's all in print.

There are lots of other good routines scattered around various books. Marlo's coining magic, Harry Riser has a nice one in his book, Bobo has some good basic stuff and there's at least one routine by John Carney in Richard's Almanac but I'll bet there are more in that book.

Dave
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Dave..
houdini
View Profile
Loyal user
N.E. Kansas
203 Posts

Profile of houdini
Hi MagicMan1

I just got David Roth's Expert Coin Magic...Made Easy by A-1 Multimedia Volume 11.
This is Roth's complete video on Okito coin magic. It has some fantastic routines and David teaches you the sleights and routines. This is a great video.
Jim. Thats me on the left,Everyone should know the other guy!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I agree. David Roth's Expert Coin Magic...the Book is probably the best..but his videos are great to.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Guys..

Is the Okito an effect that is a good one to perform?
Or is it something that is obvious on how it is done?

Assuming of course you do it right?
Thanks,
Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL