The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gimmicked combination padlock...ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Wraparound
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Wraparound
A guy at my magic club showed me something recently using a combination lock. He took it from his keys and asked me to set a number into it and number by number was able to tell me the combination without touching the lock.

The effect really stunned me and if anyone knows where I can get this lock I would be very thankful. I asked him where he got the padlock and he kept telling me that it wasn't a gimmicked one but it must have been.

It was a small luggage style lock, in brass, with three tumblers.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Wraparound,

The lock you describe is Paul Brook's "Locked In Thought."
Dick Christian
Wraparound
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Wraparound
Thank you Dick do you have a link? I can't find it in at least four internet magic shops.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Wrap,

Why fool around with dealers if you can deal directly with the originator? Check out Paul Brook's web site at http://www.PaulBrook.co.uk. I have nothing against dealers and have some favorites I trust and have relied upon for years, but I try to buy directly from the creator of an effect whenever possible.
Dick Christian
Wraparound
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Wraparound
Thanks once again Dick. Not heard of Paul before but I am always happy to support creators. Loved his website and have just put an order in for Locked In Thought.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
Thanks once again Dick. Not heard of Paul before

Well you my friend are in for a treat.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
For various trick/ escape lock you may like to checkout:-

http://cannonsgreatescapes.com/padlocks.html

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2009-08-09 12:01, Ustaad wrote:
For various trick/ escape lock you may like to checkout:-

http://cannonsgreatescapes.com/padlocks.html

Smile

I received the "Sight Unseen Combination Lock" from this site on Friday, but it wasn't what I wanted (it's better suited for an escape artist). I understand now, however, that one of the locks he sells may work well with a prediction chest (i.e., volunteer correctly guesses the combination). I'm not sure about this since I don't own one yet. Follow the link:

http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/Shopp......ase.html
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
There is a lock called "impossible lock" at Alakazam, anyone know if this lock works without "forcing" 2 digits. Based on the video it is possible to have a 4 digit number without limitations ... might be for "setting up" but does not say the participant can freely choose any 4 digit number

If it would be possible to have a 4 digit number being named freely by the particpant without forcing any 2 digits etc. how is it comparable to the dream lock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gimmicked combination padlock...ideas? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL