The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What palm has the best angles? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
I must say that all palms have theyr advantages and disadvantages, that's the reason why there are so many of them created.
vsha2
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of vsha2
One handed top palm...

I use this palm almost exclusively, however, it is difficult with used decks.
Does anyone have any advice for me on this front? apart from using new decks?
The angles are not great, but with movement, it can be very deceptive, as the hands never come together.
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
One-handed top palm has always worked fine for me.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
One handed top palm and erdnase bottom palm. practice and you will have no problems!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Sonicstabber
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of Sonicstabber
One handed top palm, ECT and Card manipulations 1 by Hugard have really nice explanations of it, ECT has the best diagram of it which shows the basic hand " look" during the palm, which I think is beautifully drawn to suit the action.

For top palms, LePaul had some really nice ones in his Card Magic of Lepaul book which could be applied to 1 or more cards.

Also, there was one in the Card Control Book by Arthur Buckley, I believe it's the Berg Palm or Allerton palm or something in that section of the book ( around those pages of those described moves) which has kind of a one handed top palm, utilizing the pinky to make the palm, which I found to be very nice, and smooth.

One of THE best things you can look into is Erdnases's diagonal palm shift. It may be awkward, but for such a thing it's beautiful and the way it is structured covers the action so beautifully.

It's in the Ledgermain section of Expert at the card table.

Eddie
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2006-01-02 14:30, scorch wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 00:17, mattisdx wrote:
Lateral Palm

Are you kidding? The lateral palm is one of the most angle sensitive palms!

Only if you haven't used it much. Lateral Palm has better angles than any other palm out there. You might be referring to a Gambler's Cop which does have bad angles, but Lateral Palm corrects that.
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
If you like bottom palms learn vernons...i think there is a version of it in the book by forces unseen by earnest earnwick, its really hard but looks amazing.
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
I use the Lateral Palm. Best angles.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Where is the lateral palm described(video prefered).
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
The Lennart Green DVDs offer loads of applications but in my opinion the Steranko book is the clearest account of lateral palm.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Lennart Green's Green Magic Volume 1 has the best video description and utilizations of the Lateral Palm that I know of.

That should set you off in the right direction of creating your own effects Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would go with the "Classic."
doktokaro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of doktokaro
Lennart Green does have some crazy material with palming.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What palm has the best angles? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL