The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » "dark" costumes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
In the section of the forum concerning psychology, I said I wanted a darker performing persona. To get that I believe I need a new look. What kinds of things shout "mysterious and dark" to you? I saw an interesting costume on one of the Criss Angel specials. I think it was supernatural where he puts on the huge, diry-looking robe. A black one of those would be cool. I was also thinking something kind of like Jeff McBride's masks, with a more sinister look. Any ideas for me? I could make the robe and I've already got the masks ready to paint. I do not want to seem unoriginal, or at least not too unoriginal, and at the same time I want to surprise the audience with my costume and its look and aura.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Eman,

Dark is fine. I usually work in black or blue so dark that most people think that it is black. But don't forget that you have to stand out on stage. With a red, green or blue curtain, it's fine. With a black curtain, your show disappears! Try not to pain yourself in a corner. Venue will determine a lot of your options. I have also worked in silver, white and bone because of the backgrounds.

Also don't forget what is in your hands.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
I might use a blood red robe. It'd look just as creepy. I just want to look strange.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I usually wear black cause most ppl that are watching a show don't wear black so then I stick out as the magician and then ppl can come see me after a show cause they know its me. EX. if I'm walking aound the fair grounds after a show
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
Yes, I think that would be a reason to wear black. I might just use a red background.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » "dark" costumes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL