The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Need info about Steve Bedwell ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Hi.

I just watched Bedwell's "No MD required' and was very impressed with his rope routine but it WASN'T explained in that video.

Has anyone seen that video and do you happen to know if it is explained in his "Steve Bedwell, Taped" video or if it's explained anywhere else.

-Thanks much,
Asmayly
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
I have Steve Bedwell...Taped-, and it has a rope routine called..At a loose end..It is his killer 3-phase routine..

Don Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Asmayly, the best part of the routine on "No MD Required" is the cut and restored part, and Bedwell uses the Fitch/Kohler holdout to accomplish that.
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Yes, I found that out, from Steve himself!

When I get lots of money, I think I'll get me one of them.

Asmayly
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Wow! Bedwell had a Fitch/Kohler holdout even before they were being mass-produced for sale. That is truly what being “insider” means!

All that said, the technique is as old as the hills and does not take an expensive F/K holdout. In fact the routine is described in Danny Korem’s book (Korem without limits) and in a children’s magic book from the 1960’s (the Wizards book of Magic). The children’s book references a book published in the 1940’s.

Asmaly, I suspect that you have wherewithal to build a very serviceable version of this trick just lying around your house.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
"Asmaly, I suspect that you have wherewithal to build a very serviceable version of this trick just lying around your house. "

Harry,
you betcha!

Asmayly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Need info about Steve Bedwell ropes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL