The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best wrestler Finishing move... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
How about the Original Sheik (obit.) who added a bit of magic to rasslin with the "fire to the face" finishing move (flash paper) ........cool......I mean "hot".... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
youngmagjar
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of youngmagjar
Fun stuff. I grew up watching the oldschool wrestling back in the 60s. Been in magic since 1972 and, believe it or not, made my pro wrestling debut last November at age 53. Perhaps, making me the oldest rookie in the history of that business. (I've heard all the wisecracks about how I should call my finishing hold either "The Rocking Chair" or "The stool softener"). Wrestlings changed quite a bit since I watched it as a kid...funny how finishing moves from back then just don't "finish" any more Smile. I see a lot of similarities between the art of magic and pro wrestling. Ross, I saw Haystack Calhoun wrestle more than once. I grew up watching the Amarillo territory and people like Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk, etc The man I was so scared of back then was Killer Karl Kox and his finisher was The Brain buster---it was scary and still rates as, at least, one of my favourites. Karl is a very good friend of mine now. A number of the oldtimers are. My mentor is Skandar Akbar. An interesting website for magic & wrestling fans is http://www.houseofdeception.com , It deals with pro wrestling, magic, and carnival. Check it out.
canasta
View Profile
New user
From the ALPHA STATE
56 Posts

Profile of canasta
The old 4 horseman(with Tully Blanchard)GORE-BUSTER (Arn and Ole Anderson).
CAUTION: This Avatar and post MAY contain subliminal messages. Viewer discretion is advised.......
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
I still remember all the hype about the million dollar dream when it started.

I know it wasn't technically beautiful, but Hogan used to give me chills with his little five minute ending sequence.

Didn't the rougeau brothers have a cool finishing move? I can't remember.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Sweet chin music
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Ahh the good old days of Haystack Calhoun. that was on the tube just before Roller Derby with Paul "the bear" and the "Big chief....OK who wants to cut off tht Jam?

What a trip down nostalgia lane...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
The Undertakers "tombstone". It might mess the victims hair a little.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Chistopher Daniels-GMS-Greatest Moonsault Ever.

Saw him and Kaszarian at a local show with Jim "The Anvil" Niedhart.

Daniels and Kazarian put on 2 great matches but niether won. Niedhart was disqualified.

In March 'RUMOR HAS IT' RAVEN and an orignal ECW STAR with intials that start with R _ _ are coming with Trish Stratus. R _ _ is reportedly VERY UNHAPPY with ecw and his contract is up very soon.

Monday the 12th no wwe, TNA is putting on a 2 hour highlight show. If you haven't watched TNA before you should watch this Monday.
TNA is getting a 2 hour time slot soon. HOORAY!!!!!

I remeber watching Roller Derby with little Ralphy Valderez, it was always the LA T-Birds againest the New York Bombers EVERY WEEK.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I remember Haystacks as well!

How about Ox Baker's heart punch? I remember Ox Baker managed a Russian wrestler for awhile and that wrestler's finisher was the heart punch as well.
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the best of all bad guys from the past:
FREDDY BLASSEY! He didn't need a hold. Good old Freddy would just bite your NOSE OFF! Then he would go for your forehead bitting until the blood flew and then maybe do something like poke your eye and pull your hair out! He actually, (on camera), would file his teeth to keep them sharp! I loved that dude!
WOOOOO NELLLLLY! That always scared the $#($% out of Dick Lane. May they both rest in peace. I all so have a very special picture taken of Freddie Blassey, behind the scenes putting on a professional Santa's outfit. This was just before he went out to entertain at a very large event. Bad Guy? MMMMMM. Great Santa with a very big heart and the Greatest villain ever to live. You young guys really missed one of the best.
Want a peek at the picture? PM me.
KW
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
I sadly miss-spelled his name. It should read: "FREDDIE BLASSIE"
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
PS: Yeah...I AM THAT OLD SO.....what's your point?
LOL!
KW
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
My favorite "rasslin" finishing move is the "off" button on the television. Works every time...

;)
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
The tombstone and chokeslam from either Kane or the Undertaker - from back in the days.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Strange...my posts have been stuck on 369 for a long time...anyone else have that problem...anyway, now back to the topic.
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Old guys? You mean like Dick the Bruiser, Killer Kowalski, or Hans Schmidt? Those were the good old days for some of us. Or Argentina Rocco who made $100,000 a year as the highest paid wrestler in the 50 - 6o's and he was always barefoot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best wrestler Finishing move... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL