We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Dance of the Psychic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I'm concentrating on it now.
Good luck.
Hello.
Reg
View Profile
New user
Bradford
14 Posts

Profile of Reg
Its funny how the ones performing these experiments suddenly adopt a certain tone of voice, glazed with an air of profundity.

Come on SD! Let's be having the climax!
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
I'm concentrating on it too, just to help out.

(Interesting choice of image, Stephen, I must say!)

Good luck, Salsa! Are you going tonight? If so, see you there.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in responding. I had forgotten all about my New Year commitments when I had started the thread. All the extra cerebral activity had caused a minor malfunction. I am almost ready to bring it all to a dramatic conclusion, before I do, Stephen I would like to offer up some more information that I feel that I have gained about the book itself.

I am sensing that you chose a book that wasn't too big, but you wanted to make it challenging so you chose a book with at least 200 pages in it but I would say no more than 250, you didn't want to make this too difficult for me! Would I be right in saying that you settled on a picture towards the front of the book, not too far in?

I will also say that this book has a dust jacket, am I correct?

Quote:
On 2006-01-03 08:47, Reg wrote:
Its funny how the ones performing these experiments suddenly adopt a certain tone of voice, glazed with an air of profundity.

Come on SD! Let's be having the climax!

I am not sure to what you refer when making this, rather succinct, observation. I am often down my local drinking establishment regaling and telling tales of mirth and mischief in the very same tones that I have used in this thread.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Quote:
On 2006-01-03 19:27, salsa_dancer wrote:
I am sensing that you chose a book that wasn't too big, but you wanted to make it challenging so you chose a book with at least 200 pages in it but I would say no more than 250, you didn't want to make this too difficult for me! Would I be right in saying that you settled on a picture towards the front of the book, not too far in?

I will also say that this book has a dust jacket, am I correct?

The book does indeed have between 200 and 250 pages.
The selected picture is "towards the front of the book".
The book does have a dust jacket.

Do go on...
Hello.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Thank you Stephen. I would like to draw this experiment to a close.

At the end of this post I have included a link to page that has my final thoughts on the image chosen. It also has a sketch on it to. Stephen, I would like you to describe the picture you are looking at BEFORE you click on the link. Could you also provide us with the name of the book you have chosen, the number of pages and the page number that the picture is on so that it can be checked by anyone who has the same book. Stephen would I also be right in thinking that this book belongs to another person in your household?

Before Stephen responds I would ask that several people follow the link and save the picture so that it cannot be changed after he has told us what he is looking at. Follow the link, right click on the image and select 'Save as'. If some of you could confirm that you have done this I would be very grateful.

Stephen, can you also reiterate and confirm that during the time we have been conducting this experiment I have not emailed you or sent you a Private Message asking for any information, We have not spoken on the telephone or in person and that I have not asked you any questions about the book over any web based chat tools.

Thank you all for following the experiment, and thank you to Stephen for indulging in this with me.

DANCE OF THE PSYCHIC CONCLUSION>>

Posted: Jan 4, 2006 5:53pm
------------------------------------------------
Oh, could people please refrain from commenting on the image or the text on the linked page until Stephen has responded. Just a note of confirmation if you have saved the image would be lovely. Thank you.

Stephen, please wait until some people have responded to say that they have saved the image.
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Errr.... what is to stop Stephen clicking the link and then describing what he sees there?
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 18:05, Top Hat wrote:
Errr.... what is to stop Stephen clicking the link and then describing what he sees there?

There isn't. I am relying on his integrity, also that is why I have asked him for the name of the book and the page number.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I have not clicked on the link.
No one has saved the image, so I will not give anything away yet.
Hello.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I have the image on my desktop
it can no longer be tinkered with

Go ahead folks!!!!!

Tan tara ta da!
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Thank you Corona. Much appreciated.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Here we go.

Quote:
I would like you to describe the picture you are looking at BEFORE you click on the link. Could you also provide us with the name of the book you have chosen, the number of pages and the page number that the picture is on so that it can be checked by anyone who has the same book.

The image is one of Stonehenge. The horizon on the image is positioned at about a quarter of the way from the bottom. The sky is blue and relatively cloudless. The grass in the foreground is green. Stonehenge, for anyone who doesn't know, is a mysterious circle of giant stones, and can be found on Salisbury Plain in England.

For anyone who wishes to check, the image is on page 31 of a book called "the Unexplained" (because I thought it would be fitting) by Dr. Karl P.N. Shuker.

Quote:
Stephen would I also be right in thinking that this book belongs to another person in your household?

Partial hit, Dancer. The book belonged to my brother until he decided he no longer wanted it a few months ago. I said that I would like to have it. However, he no longer lives here, and the book isn't his anymore. Make of that what you will.

Quote:
Stephen, can you also reiterate and confirm that during the time we have been conducting this experiment I have not emailed you or sent you a Private Message asking for any information, We have not spoken on the telephone or in person and that I have not asked you any questions about the book over any web based chat tools.

All true.

Off to click the link now.
Can't wait.

Stephen
Hello.
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
C'mon then Steve...what you think man...
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Yes siree that's stonehenge alright!

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-12-30 09:14, salsa_dancer wrote:
After being pestered to demonstrate my extraordinary gift of psychic ability, and being inspired by the recent spurt of activity on remote viewing and the like, I would also like to offer up a little piece.

Salsadancer: Now that you've made your predictions, may I ask, did you use paranormal talents to view into Stephen's abode, or was this more of a mentalism effect? Or something else?
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Tis a Druid thing
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Although this thread began almost a year ago, I for one, am most impressed. How are you at cat burgling salsa dancer?

I can tell the rest of the Café is in stunned silence.

I think stephen long must have fainted, if anyone knows him give him a ring he may have banged his head....
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Well, now that Stephen has revealed the image I can now see what was trying to come through now.

I have a clip of me doing this on air with a radio presenter for anyone that still has doubts about my 'gift'.

Radio Clip>>
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Well done salsa.

However, I am more surprised that Stonehenge was NOT the first thing you saw when coming up with your sketch.

hmmm.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 21:40, Jim Reynolds wrote:
Well done salsa.

However, I am more surprised that Stonehenge was NOT the first thing you saw when coming up with your sketch.

hmmm.

Jim, did you think that the first time you saw the sketch or did you think it after you had read the answer? It is easy to make sense of a bunch of shapes when you know what they are. My mind was thinking Easter Island for a long time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Dance of the Psychic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL