The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Secret Art of Coin Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
This looks very interesting. Can anyone comment on it?

FC
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Can you please post a link?

Thanks
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
I just watched this today so I haven't had time to work through the whole routine but I can give you a little bit of info. The DVD comes with two metal "discs" that Eric uses for the jumbo coin section of his routine. They have deep ridges on the edges for ease of grip but I use the word disc because they have no markings on either side of the coin. Eric addresses this in the video and says it has never been questioned. The coins are nice and heavy and handle well. The size is also a little smaller then a regular jumbo which helps make some of the moves and concealments easier.
The performance is of Eric out on the street in front of a crowd of about 15-20 people. The camera view of the routine is not great as it is kind of off to the side and a little shaky. The key, though, is that it shows the routine out in the real world with people at very extreme angles on the side. Anyone who has tryed to work a stand-up coin routine in a street type setting knows that dealing with those angle problems can be murder. Eric handles it with no problem and goes into great detail during the explanations to show how he has modified certain moves to deal with angle problems. The camera work in the explanations is excellent and everything can be seen clearly.
The routine itself is basically a one coin flurry with a transposition to a jumbo and then an endless production of jumbo's.
So far my favorite part is the endless production of jumbos...it looks great in his hands even after seeing the explanations. He teaches several different techniques including a great idea from Cellini and then weaves them together seamlessly.
I should also mention that he performs a coin through knee illusion that looks great but that might take some serious work to get smooth.
If you want a stand-up coin routine that can be done in the street or a parlor setting then this is a good value especially since he provides the jumbo coins. All you need otherwise is 2 silver dollars and you're ready to roll.
Dave
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I noted from Celiini's lecture that he also worked with large "coins" of the type you describe --faceless with ridges for easier palming. He pointed out that due to humidity and wind, cards aren't always practical for the street.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Thank you for the brief review. I believe I want to pick this up. For my friend flames, here is a link: http://www.themagicwarehouse.com/hotitems.html#dv5083

FC
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I bought this and I was not impressed. There are few if any really new moves. and the ones that are shown are no big deal. I have tons of coin stuff and this is one I wont be looking at much. don't get me worng I guess it is ok for those who don't know much in coin, but for those of us who know coins work it not that good.
I got Justim Millers work and he does great routines with coins, I think it routine called Silver Dust it really great, complete vanish of three large coins. Look him up on the internet he is now coming out with two new DVD soon, I already get them and the cost is right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Secret Art of Coin Manipulation (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL