We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Small Group object lessons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bardin
View Profile
New user
Jenison, Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of Bardin
Anybody use magic for object lessons in their small group, Bible study, or Adult Sunday school?
Bardin
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
I use it for my youth group...never for adults. I might have to try though
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
No reason why it wouldn't work for adults, if you keep the message relavent, and primary with the effect secondary or reinforcing the message.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I used to do it alot, although I haven't been doing it as much. I guess I am working on too many paid shows...
If I think a trick I have will fit in the lesson, I will do it.
-Tyler
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Absolutely! magic is a great way to present some themes from the Bible, which otherwise are hard to grasp.
Magic can be used in a way to make your small group look at something in a fresh light.
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1902 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I use it as an object lesson for the AWANA program I am in, age 10 and 11.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
You can raise the bar on many childen's object lessons to get a message across to adults. Of course if there are only "church" members, you are preaching to the choir. Any Sin Salvation theme could be applied to say Secular World View and Biblical View of the world. We might want to develop some themes around the culture war to make church members aware of the battle.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Bardin
View Profile
New user
Jenison, Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of Bardin
Okay, I guess what I am really asking is not if but effects do you use for objects lessons?
Bardin
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
I usually work with Childrens Church Groups, but I think that it should work well for adults.

Just remember to don't make it a complicated trick, and keep it brief, as most adults lack concentration, and have short attention spans. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Steve Smile
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Sorry Bardin,
Couldn't help myself.

I believe a good trick can be adapted to any age group. You would just have to think it out, and change the way you put the message across.

You can't talk to little kids the same way you do adults. I'll oversimplify a bit, I obviously wouldn't talk about obeying mommy to Adults. But I could adapt the patter for the same trick, to talk about Obeying God.

As always, "You Play the Audience".

So in case all that seems indiscernable, use what you've got/what you know. (The old "Do whats You") Make it fit what you are trying to get across, or... if you have a topic in mind, find a trick that fits it, and run with it.

After reading this, it seems a little cliche, and generic, but hope it helps.
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Small Group object lessons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL