The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bird Arm Illusion - Birds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Please help me .

I don't know how bird I buy for "Bird Arm Illusion"

Which bird kids love ???
Ding-Dong Dodo
Bug-Off Buzzard
Vern the Bird
Benny

What your favorite ?

Thank you for help.
david
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I like Vern because it has several predesigned scripts for it (Axtrax CDs). The others are good if you develop you own script and each could be a comedy routine on it's own.

Kids love them all, any puppet goes well with all ages. It is the routine that might limit the age group.

The questions you should be asking yourself are: Which one do I like? and Which one can I afford?

The Four Axtell Puppets I have are Vern, Rodney Rabbit, the Chimp and The Book.
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I like Vern also. However, they are all nice and have their own unique charactor. I would imagine that kids would love any of the ones you named if they are used with a proper routine.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
DenDowhy

thanks.. I cant used axtrax cd (the kids speak hebrew no english)
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
What this Rod Arm Options: Two Wire Rods ?

I need this?

thank you
david
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Make your own axtrax, the script is on the axtell site.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2006-01-01 09:48, dmagic wrote:
What this Rod Arm Options: Two Wire Rods ?

I neec this?

Thank you
david

David,

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but I believe the rod arm option is a rod you attach to a puppet's arm. You can make the puppet move it's arm and wave, etc. with your free hand. I'm not sure if those will attach to any of the bird puppets. Even if it could attach, I don't believe it would be necessary for a "fine, feathered friend" puppet.

If you are talking about some thing else, I apologize, but that's the only arm rod I would know about.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
It's options from site AXTELL

So
I buy the vern with Two Wire Rods or I don't need it?
one wire rod $10 I have Options 2 wire rods for $20

thank you
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You'll have to check with Axtell to make certain, but I don't think you need the arm rod for birds. As I said before, I'm not sure they are made to attach to a bird puppet. The birds have wings, not arms, and I don't believe you can attach a rod to them. I could be wrong, so check with Steve Axtell. He can answer all your questions and he is a really nice guy.

Regan
Mister Mystery
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Dmagic, If you use the bird with the Bird Arm Illusion, I don't think you should use the wing rods. Those are there for the option if you use the puppet without the arm illusion. Save the money and let the Bird Arm work it's magic. The wing rods will make the wings move, but it also takes away from the illusion of life because they see you are controlling the bird. With just the arm illusion, the mystery is very strong. How is it moving??

Any of the bird puppets you mentioned are great with kids. http://www.axtell.com/birds.html

Vern and the Dodo are both goofy looking and will work with the AxTrax Vern routines.

Benny is smaller and may not fit well on your arm (especially with the arm illusion) depending on your size.

The AxTrax CDs have all of the sound effects and music elements put on them seperate from the voices, so you can purchase them and use those parts to record your own Hebrew version for your own use. You can use or modify the routine of course any way it works best for you. http://www.axtell.com/axtrax.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Vern All The Way!!
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Thank you ! !

david
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
About 15 years ago I did a stupid thing. I noticed the birds and gloves were on the same page together. I thought when I order the glove, the bird would come with it. The package arrived. I called to ask where is the bird? They explained it's two items to me. I should of read everything more carefully.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Yes yes ! that's what happen to me !!!
I order the Bird Arm Illusion when package arrived I don't see the bird .

axtell - you need write big word
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Ok bird arm illusion $59.95
vern the bird $169.95

sort of explains itself
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
I order from axtell vern the bird $169.95
shipping is $50

today I get the package but I need pay for tx $50
who pay tax for like this package ?

its no fair !
if axtell write on package $50 so I don't need pay tax
but axtell write $70

now I need pay $50 I don't take the package

)-:
david
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Paying duty on incoming parcels is just the way it is. I've been doing so for years. No sense in complaining, especially to the person selling you the item (the dealer).

The duty and tax is not charged by them, but by your government!

In fact, I am surprised at how much the dealers help us, by putting a "reduced" value on the label (instead of the "actual" value / price paid). That is a huge favour that they don't have to do!

You should be thankful that he wrote the reduced amount of $70, instead of the actual amount of $170. The government could be asking for more tax and duty.

By declaring a low value, the dealer risks losing money on recovery through insurance if the item is lost.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
What happened in the end dmagic?
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I chose Vern as his personality is perfect for my shows. I also use Axtrax and the Bird Arm Illusion. I bring Vern out on my arm and he's totally stationary. When he comes to life, the smiles begin immediately. The Bird Arm Illusion works great, don't get a bird without one! As Far as the Axtrax. There are various tracks on the CD's and could easily be customized in any language. There are all the sound effects and music you need to create your routine customized just for you.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
David....Donald is correct. As we have explained in emails to you, the taxes are your countries laws. Out of our control. Our customs laws dictate that we must claim the VALUE of the product. It is our policy to claim as low as 1/3 of the retail cost as our value, which we can justify as "cost value". We cannot just write "$50" or "Gift" on the customs forms so you can pay less tax, this is illegal.

Now, because you rejected the package, you lost the $50 you spent on the shipping if you reorder it. It actually cost us over $70 to send it to you, but only charged you $50. Bummer.

Let's continue this by private email now, okay?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bird Arm Illusion - Birds (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL