The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding Quarters - Your Comments Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There's a new one Dean Dill got off the internet with a non-gaffed quarter in a glass SOBE bottle. The cap is screwed on and you seem to visibly push the quarter right thru the bottom of the bottle as the spectator is looking right at it. It is diabolical and I think way better then the quarter into the coke/beer CAN. I don't know the name of it, but Dean could answer you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Quote:
On 2006-04-13 20:49, Pete Biro wrote:
I don't think Johnson bothers with custom work they are a mass quantity outfit, but very precise. I would see what http://www.coingaffs.com offers. You want a coin that does NOT have sharp edges that would cut the band and your are dead if that happens. Many of us use two bands. Check out Kevin James' routine with a Perrier bottle.

Thanks Pete! I emailed Jamie, however he had a personal tragedy Smile and is
very busy now.
Emailed T.Lassen, got one reply and since then can't reach him.
Kueppers's email is broken agian.
Ahhh, how do people get their custom work done?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Quote:
On 2006-04-14 01:10, Pete Biro wrote:
There's a new one Dean Dill got off the internet with a non-gaffed quarter in a glass SOBE bottle. The cap is screwed on and you seem to visibly push the quarter right thru the bottom of the bottle as the spectator is looking right at it. It is diabolical and I think way better then the quarter into the coke/beer CAN. I don't know the name of it, but Dean could answer you.

That sounds like Kevin Parker's Passing Through.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Johnson is a great manufacturer. Their folding coins are affordable...which is a great reason to go with them...but their quality is through the roof. In the world of regular folding coins...Johnson is right up there with the custom boys.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Felicitas
View Profile
New user
Maryland
36 Posts

Profile of Felicitas
I recently bought a Johnson folding quarter for the coin in bottle effect on the recomendation of Denny Haney (he only sells johnson coin gaffs). You can see some of the cut but wouldn't this be masked depending on the color/thickness of the bottle? Comments?

-A.J.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream? -Edgar Allen Poe
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
301 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 18:50, Felicitas wrote:
I recently bought a Johnson folding quarter for the coin in bottle effect on the recomendation of Denny Haney (he only sells johnson coin gaffs). You can see some of the cut but wouldn't this be masked depending on the color/thickness of the bottle? Comments?

-A.J.

Remember. You know that the coin is cut, and you'd know what to look for.The spectators don't know what to look for. It's almost like a thumbtip.If they don't know what to look for, they won't find it.

Don't run if ya' ain't bein' chased.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22561 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-13 19:40, denis_gbrg wrote:
Also, does Johnson do custom orders? how do I contact them?

Johnson Products did do custom work in the 1980's, they may still! The only way to contact them is by mail. They are not on the internet as they only wholesale and jobber to dealers.

The address I have is: P.O. Box 734, Arcadia, CA 91006
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
I've got a kuepper's coin and I love it. Its well made and its fairly durable
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I am usually an advocate of Johnson Products for the mass produced stuff. But for a folding quarter for coin in bottle... Just get the least expensive one available. For coin in the bottle you don't want a folding coin with a lot of contour cuts - a simple wave or straight cut will suffice.

Over time from the folding coin opening and closing over and over, the sharp edges will wear on each other making the cut more visible over time.

You never hand out a folding coin or let it get inspected with close scrutiny... so you do not need to pay for superb precision.
Click to visit:
themagickeeper
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
55 Posts

Profile of themagickeeper
I like Keuppers products, great quality and customer service.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding Quarters - Your Comments Please (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL