The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Mini Bikes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

quanfer
View Profile
New user
Milpitas, CA
63 Posts

Profile of quanfer
Was searching through my box o' tricks and found a mini bicycle deck... Are there any magic tricks using these cards? Just wondering.. thanks
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I don't really know any using them. They can be incorporated into different things. The only thing I really do is a shrinking card effect. Takeing a card face up on the deck and shrinking it to a mini
georgef
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of georgef
As Corey mentioned, there are the transformations of card size. Micro Macro by Bro.John Hamman comes to mind, but you need to make yourself the gimmicks. I'm sure there are others.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quite easy to plant a pack on someone with a reversed prediction.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Joshua Jay has a trick where he uses the Jennings Revolation with little cards. First he makes four kings appear face up ontop of the four packets, then they shrink to half their size.

Sometimes I just perform normal tricks with a smaller deck, kinda fun, need to have dainty fingers. Hard to subtily hold a pinky break but DL's are really easy to perform.

Derek Merdinyan
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Curtis Kam has a follow up to the Rat Pack trick with a mini deck. It's on the RatPack DVD, and is pretty good (if you have the cajones to perform a trick with a loaded rat trap!)
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Darwin Ortiz has a wonderful take on the Invisible Deck in At The Card Table, which uses a stacked deck that is given to a spectator. Using a small pack would be nice since you have to have the extra pack on you and it wouldn't take up much pocket space.
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
I use mini's to teach my kids tricks, since their hands are a lot smaller they feel more at ease holding a smaller pack. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but I thought someone might get a kick out of that.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In the very best of Jay Sankey volume 3, Jay uses a mini-bikes for a really cool effect called Parallel Worlds. He called it a card trick for the "X-Files."
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Make a mini Invisible Deck. Mike Skinner had a nice little routine with a mini ID and a purse frame.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
585 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Vandy Grift - Where can Skinner's routine be found? Thanks.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Motor City. To be honest I don't know. It may be on one of the A-1 videos. I will check for you. I honestly don't remember where I saw it. I have quite a bit of material on Michael Skinner. It may even be unpublished. But I've already spilled the basic idea, it shouldn't be to hard too go from there.

Vandy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2722 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2006-01-02 14:12, Vandy Grift wrote:
Motor City. To be honest I don't know. It may be on one of the A-1 videos. I will check for you. I honestly don't remember where I saw it. I have quite a bit of material on Michael Skinner. It may even be unpublished. But I've already spilled the basic idea, it shouldn't be to hard too go from there.

Vandy

I don't know if Mike's routine was ever published or not. I do have a tape of Mike performing and teaching the routine with the mini Invisible deck. It is not a marketed tape however. I have a feeling this is where Vandy has seen this as well. I am sure he has seen or has the same tape.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I think you are right RS. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it until I knew for sure. I thought it may have been on the A-1 tapes, but I looked at my notes and I did not see the mini ID on Vol 1-2-3 or 4. I believe we may have seen the same videotape.

Vandy

Pretty cool little routine huh?
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Martin Lewis has an excellent rising card routine done with Mini Cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Mini Bikes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL