The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Can anyone help me with Leans? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Repoman23
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Repoman23
Hi I'm new to these forums I was wondering if their are any "Leans" for sale?

What I'm refering to basicly is how Cyril, in one of his clips where he is dressed as an old man, leans over at a seemingly impossible angle, with pants on of course to mask the method.

I think Chriss Angel might do it in one episode too but his might be more angle sensitive.

Is their anything like this for sale out there? I apologize in advance if ive been unclear.
Liquid
View Profile
New user
Home
67 Posts

Profile of Liquid
Hi,
I think cyril used the doug malloy's version of the Lean. You can find it at http://www.malloymodernmagic.com
Hope this helps.

Best
--
Liquid
Repoman23
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Repoman23
Thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Do you think their are any cheaper versions out there?
Liquid
View Profile
New user
Home
67 Posts

Profile of Liquid
Some years ago it was published in a magicians magazine ( not sure if it was magic or genii) a version of the Lean, that you could build on your own. I would recommend you to do some searchs on the café under the "lean" or "doug malloy" subjects before buyng... Doug was also a guest here at the café, so you'll find very good information regarding the Lean. With Icarus levitation you can also do some kind of Lean back, I always do it. It's not the same mechanism but it's much more pratical and cheap.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
--
Liquid
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Liquid, I would not call the Icarus cheap, but I agree with you.
I'v seen Pete Willard perform the Lean and it looks even better in real life, problem is that it's far from impromptu - but Icarus is!

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Liquid
View Profile
New user
Home
67 Posts

Profile of Liquid
Jack,
Yes Icarus it's not cheap, too expensive in my opinion, but it's cheaper than the Lean. If you buy the lean and you want to perform it you have always to carry with you a gimmick of 35lbs. With Icarus it's almost improptu Smile
--
Liquid
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
In another thread the Icarus/Angel Levitation discussion is rolling on.
Do anyone know if it's possible to achieve a "Lean" effect with the Angel lev.?? ?

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
If you just want to have fun look for some ski equipment around the house.
get everything on including the skis. standing on the carpet you can lean at impossible angles. get some long baggy pants to mask everything and have someone film you. I foolsed lots of my friends with this one Smile
have fun

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Yeah Matt, great idea!! (lol).

As for the Lean by Doug Malloy, great effects come witha nice price- but normally will last you for a long while. Save the money for it. Just remember though, you need a special something which does not make this ideal for close-up workers. The best part of this though, is that you mail Doug your shoes, and he will gimmick them for you. So, be sure the shoes are great, not smelly, and ones you plan to wear with any outfit. Shoes with ankle support (high-tops, etc) seem to work the best

Secondly, it will take considerable practice to do the lean well. You need strong ab muscles and strong ankles. And, I takes great practice to make it look easy. Just so you know!

Hope this helps

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Sounds good . except the part with "not ideal for close-up workers" .
I'll stick to my ski equipment Smile

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Liquid
View Profile
New user
Home
67 Posts

Profile of Liquid
Nice idea. Could work for tv only, or stage probably. It's not very pratical but the original Lean it's not pratical too...
--
Liquid
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I had my eyes on the Lean for sometime now, I do the flouting rose and would like to add the lean to it. I may get it this summer from malloy modern magic I been hearing great things about their lean.

http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/the_lean.htm

oh and yes I am sure it will work great for stage.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Pretty expensive, but looks very funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Can anyone help me with Leans? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL