The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Making Torn Pieces of a Card Disappear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
I just got my Intecessor and it is pretty cool. I have a question though. What is the best way to make torn pieces of a card disappear? I thought about burning the pieces, but I don't want to do that. Perhaps a false transfer, but I was wondering if there is anything cleaner that anyone has used. Thanks for your help!
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Thumb tip, Devils hankercheif, pull...?
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
I want to try and keep the vanish as clean as possible, meaning none of the above.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Wrap the pieces in a piece of paper and perform Tamariz' "Crossing the Gaze" switch for flash packet. Woosh! Otherwise, I don't know what you mean by 'clean'.
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
I should have been a bit clearer; by clean I mean that I don't need to use any pulls, thumb tips, etc. to accomplish the vanish. Just a simple vanish, so far I can only think of a false transfer. Maybe switch the pieces with a piece of flash paper, go into the pocket, get a lighter while ditching the pieces, and light the flash paper on fire? What do you think? Too standard?
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Isn't that what I just said? Guess I wasn't very clear. But YES, it sounds like a great idea.
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
Thanks. Where can I find Juan's routine that is above?
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
There is no routine per se, but the switch can be found in Tamariz' Five Points of Magic, which is not readily available. Find the Frog Prince by Mike Close on one of his L&L videos for a good explaination.
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
Thanks.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The crossing the gaze for the flash packet is a good idea.

I also like Ammars vanish of peices...

you put the peices together with a paperclip, then snap and the peices vanish, leaving only the paperclip.

explanation:
a paperclip in each pocket. you rip the card up, then reach into both pockets, finger palming one paperclip in the left hand, and bringing the other out into the open with the right.

the peices are held together with the paperclip, thn false transfer the the card peices into the left hand. snpa your fingers (with the right hand) an show the peices are gone, leaving only the paperclip.

pick up the paperclip with the right hand and put it in your pocket.

its over.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
Jl17:

Feel free to add yourself to the world wide map of intercessor-owners:

http://www.frappr.com/intercessor

Pass the word...
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
Gary, thanks for the link.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
What is a intercessor??
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
If you don't have the Intecessor, you don't need one. Please do not buy it!!!!
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
JL17

Are you being facetious? "Don't buy it" ? There are other posts debating the intercessor with torn corner swaps. I thought you liked yours...
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
I love the Intecessor, I just don't want other magicians to perform it. I meant it in a tongue in cheek kind of way.
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Use a Sanada gimmick and it will look clean enough that you can ditch it with no problem and avoid a switch that might be observed. Actually, it will probably help the appearance of the trick. Try it in front of a mirror and you'll be amazed at how invisible the card pieces will become.

Jerry
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
Thanks Jerry
jl17
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of jl17
Is the Sanada gimmick going to hinder my handling of cards? Is it pretty much the same as Jay Scott Berry's Cloaking Device?
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Quote:
On 2006-01-03 17:11, jl17 wrote:
Is the Sanada gimmick going to hinder my handling of cards? Is it pretty much the same as Jay Scott Berry's Cloaking Device?

I don't know what the "Cloaking Device" is, but the Sanada gimmick would have to be obtained and ditched. I would think that leaving it in place would hinder working with cards, however you could hold a deck of cards in a dealing position, or a mechanic's grip. But, it's as easy as sticking your hand in your pocket, brief case, servante, or a empty card case that has the back cut out.

To me it's a great thing to have. With a little make-up it can be made to look invisible enough to really amaze yourself at how deceptive it can be and I'm sure that when handled properly (same goes for the TT) it won't be seen by anyone and it can conceal a sponge ball, billets, paper money and many other things, including pieces of cards. It can be used to switch billets, bills and other thin items. I think people who use this gimmick probably has a lot of fun using it in front of people just knowing that they're getting by with something so simple and cheap.

Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Making Torn Pieces of a Card Disappear (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL