The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Jason Michaels Tours to North and South Carolina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Michaels
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
18 Posts

Profile of Jason Michaels
Jason Michaels, a Nashville, TN based magician and illusionist, recently announced plans to make a stop at The Arts Center in Carrboro Sunday, January 15, 2006. He will be debuting his full evening stage show entitled “Illusion – The Many Faces of Jason Michaels” for local audiences. The Carrboro stop will mark the beginning of Michaels’ 2006 tour.

“I know that when most people hear the words ‘magic’ or ‘magician’, they think the show is only suitable for an audience of children”, remarks Michaels. “Don’t get me wrong - children will love the show - but I am attempting to create an experience that is far from a kids’ magic show. “This show is totally different from what most people would ever expect. My assistant, Ashley Willford, is an exceptionally talented performer who has taken on a lot more then just the role of magic assistant. Ashley is a triple threat (singer, dancer, actor) and together we are creating a show that combines the disciplines of illusion, music, dance, and acting. The show has been designed to be energetic, humorous, sad, sensual, uplifting, even thought provoking. I want my audience to feel a wide range of emotions and leave the theater convinced that magic can be just as powerful as a great movie, song or piece of art.”

Michaels notes that one of his key strengths as a stage performer comes from his background as an actor. That training has allowed him to do something that few other magicians have done onstage. It allows him to create and perform as several unique personas that interact with the audience during the show. Michaels’ performance as one of those personas, “Francesco - the Shakespearean street hustler”, resulted in two 2nd place finishes at two separate, major international magic competitions over the summer. Audiences can expect to encounter “Francesco”, along with several other of Michaels’ characters during the show, but should also be ready to enjoy several high-energy stage illusions as well as a haunting story featuring razor blades.

Michaels made the decision to stop in Carrboro after he was invited to be a headliner at The South Carolina Association of Magicians (SCAM) annual convention. “It’s quite an honor when your peers enjoy what you do so much that they ask you to entertain them”, remarks Michaels.

“Illusion – The Many Faces of Jason Michaels” will play at The Arts Center Sunday, January 15, 2006 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 and are available by visiting http://www.artscenterlive.org. The show promises to be an evening full of high-energy illusions, award-winning magic, and Michaels’ unique, often humorous, outlook on the world. For more information on Jason Michaels check out his website - http://www.jasonmichaelsmagic.com.
www.cardsharktheshow.com
A live, interactive sleight of hand show.

View my TEDx Nashville Talk
"Hook, Line, & Sinker: The Anatomy of a Scam"
http://youtu.be/Z6BXeIjnaYE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Jason Michaels Tours to North and South Carolina (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL