The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Need Help: Name For My Dove?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Sounds like a good finish.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Yes I'm also not sure I agree with the bird brain comment.

Birds (most anyway) are extremely intelligent animals. Being around parrots a lot of my life (my friends parents own bird jungle) I've learned not to underestimate these fine creatures.

I always liked the name Shadow for a dove. Grace is nice too.

Cheers,
Justin
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Justin,
I think there may be a big difference between the intelligence of a parrot and a dove.

I think the sequence might be:
Doves - kids giving you a hard time at a birthday party show - Parrots. Smile
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
LOL I like that analogy.

I must disagree though. Although doves aren't as smart as a parrot per se, they are smarter than most people make them out to be.

Doves - kids giving you a hard time at a birthday party show - parents that don't do anything about it - Parrots. That makes a bit more sense.

Justin

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I also do not agree with the bird brain comment.

Many people name their plants and talk to them, now its not that the person talks to the plants that the plants will look more alive, it’s the TLC and attention that the plants get. Its caring for a living thing. Kids will always ask what is your dove’s name because kids see the doves as your magic pets and not your magic prop.

Any persons that do not name a pet, lets me know that the pet has no TLC or gets attention. Not only do my doves have names they get 100% TLC and weekend dove boot
camp, meaning doves must be trained in the magic prop or area it will be in, and not put into your props or jacket at the show. I always say that Magician have to Practice, but a Dove Magician must have time for Training and caring for the doves.

I let the kids name the doves at the shows I do with any new dove. And the doves get names like snowball, winter, Silky, Milky, Milk and the doves stay with the names they get. The two new doves I have, now have been thru my dove boot camp and when I did a show with them, they got the name windel and peter pooper and you know why one of the dove was name peter pooper.

Vinnie all the best with your dove magic,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
You guys are arguing about naming doves... that makes me laugh...

I am responding to your argument... that makes me sad...

Vinnie, name your dove "Jack"

end of thread..................................
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Call it DOVE INCI like you pronounce da vinci... hehehe!

I think its a good name you can also use the name for a gag...

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
There was a "Great Dovini" but I think he retired and the name may be available Smile
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
I have 2 doves. I named them dude and cool. I have no idea why.
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 03:18, Eric Buss wrote:
You guys are arguing about naming doves... that makes me laugh...

I am responding to your argument... that makes me sad...

Vinnie, name your dove "Jack"

end of thread..................................

To Agree or Disagree on a thread I am sure we call that an opinion
and not an argument. Sorry you feel sad Mr. Buss, Don’t worry be Happy Smile

To others ready to post more names for Doves please do so and disregard
this misunderstood thread.

And to quote Mr. Buss words - “end of thread..................................”
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
It's sad that certain people don't always agree with certain topics, but there are people like this that come in and like to start trouble.

Name him Mr. Buss.

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
It's also sad that people don't have a sense of humor... apparently you both took me way too seriously.

You don't think it's a bit weird that 20 some odd people are talking about naming one kid's dove? I guess it's just me. But I stand by my (unintentional, yet apparently offensive) comments.

I don't have to name the dove... the kid already said he is going to name him "Jack."

Done
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
I have to agree with EvanMagic. I use six doves and their names are, "Fountain Production", "General Grant", "Streamers", etc...

For a little advice with your new interest in dove magic- use the same dove for the same trick each time.

Good Luck!
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Eric, don't worry about some of the people on here.....some people just don't get humor and look for any reason to flame somebody. The people in this section should be asking you, one of the most original award winning dove workers out there for help instead of the sarcasm! Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing you perform again.
PS I love you in Fusion in Lake Tahoe! Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Eric, trust me I have a sense of humor, and I apologize if I came off as flaming, that wasn't the intent. I've worked at various pet stores, and I just get upset when I see people that have the attitude of.. "what's the big deal? the thing won't know its name anyway."

And Brian, just because someone has an award winning show, doesn't mean that they won't take somethings existence for granted (not saying you are Eric). "Some of the people" on here just care very much.

Justin

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Name for a dove? Why not name it after the magician who first inspired you to perform with doves?

Best,

Tim
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks for all the help on the names guys!... But, I've decided on 'Jack'...

Check my latest post out... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......13&0

-Vinnie
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I've called all the doves Bob or if its a girl Bobby.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Need Help: Name For My Dove?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL