The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Match Pull Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Hello Everyone!

Just had a question as to what everyone is doing regarding a match pull. After buying some horrible ones for real cheap (I know, I should have known better), I was just curious if there is a good model out there that works very well. The ones I make (with a bulldog clip, striking paper and a safety pin), hold about 7 matches for me. It works pretty well but want something more sure-fire. Would anyone reccomend matches that light on any surface? Where could I get those? Sorry for the multiple questions in one post, but they all sort of tie in together. Thanks in advance magis!

Haas

"A magician is an actor playing the role of a magician"- Houdin

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I just ordered a couple more of Ian's Dependelite's. Costing less than half of their competition, they've been used by Burton and McBride among others. You can check them out here:

http://bigduck.tripod.com/id6.html
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Haas!

Sorry to disappoint you, but "strike anywhere" matches are fiendishly difficult to find. Is it liability concern for the manufacturer? Perhaps, but their replacements (so-called "safety" matches) are the only thing available in my area.

FWIW, the paper matches have always been more effective for me. Wooden safety matches are coated at the tip with 1/2 of the two components needed to make 'em blaze up (the other half being located on the striking strip); paper match heads are not divided that way, and will ignite without having to strike the target zone.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Thanks for the help. I do a candle routine, so I always have different fascinating ways to light my candles (can't stick withhe lighter bit..everything has to be magical!!). Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Just bought 3 of them Randy, thanks!
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Match Pull Advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL