The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Murray on blind date (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
285 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Did anyone else see Murray (you know theguy with the cd's) on blindate. I watched it today and they made him look like such a fool. I saw him on stage once and I thought it was pretty good. But Blind date made him look like a horrible magician. What did anyone else think?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Didn't see it but I'm not shocked to hear about it. Magicians...BE WARNED... the media loves to depict us as dorks and geeks.

What seems like a cool way to get some national exposure on television can turn out being a disaster. What did Murray expect from a show that focuses on the awkward moments of a first date. I admit I like that show but you wouldn't see accepting an invite to appear on it. I may really be a geek ( Kline bite your tongue ) but I wouldn't want the world to know it. LOL
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Can you tell us specifics about the show? What did he do to embarrass himself?
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I saw the last part of it. She wanted no part of him, he was made to look like a geek and I believe she insinuated he was gay. But hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
285 Posts

Profile of Dirko
They must have said at least 10 times that he was gay. Well at least it seemed like it was that many times! Also he was doing the card on the forhead and when he has the card on his head he says "do you see your card?" She says "No nut you have one on your head. I am pretty sure that he had HER card on his head and she was too stupid to realize that was her card. They edited it to look like he just messed up. Well at least that was my interpretattion. I am sure he is kicking himself for doing this show!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Dang ..those editors! Like I said before ...Magicians BEWARE!

I once did the whole television thing for a reality show. I was asked to devise a method of pulling off a secret switch to help one of the shows stars win a talent contest. He won.

When the show aired...dear ol' mom and all my friends all tuned in to see it. All my scenes of training the people to pull it off were edited out and it was made to look like the star of the show got this great idea " all by himself" and did it all without any help.

Alas...show biz is a bitter pill...LOL

Best,

Tim
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I also saw this episode.

It was a sad thing to watch.
sk8freak45672
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of sk8freak45672
I didn't get to see the episode but I hate it when the media makes magicians look like fools and geeks. It just gets me aggravated.
The only constant is change.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Don't you think i'ts often our fault when magicians appear like geeks? I mean some magicians still use a magic wand and some talk about wiffle dust, for goodness sakes. And we want to blame the media? I've never heard of Murray, but he went on BLIND DATE! Come on, there's no editor to blame here.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
Kinda remind of last seanson Average Joe.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Murray on blind date (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL