The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pick one trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
These days, I would do a thought-of-card to wallet.
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
The question was relative to standing on a sidewalk - to me that means no table. I was surprized that no one mentioned an ambitious card routine.
Ryan 101
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
164 Posts

Profile of Ryan 101
I think the Ambitious Card is a great impromptu effect.
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
I Usually start playing with unexpected card locations, so my answer is: my ACR followed by Biddle Trick

:)
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 18:22, netguzzler wrote:
These days, I would do a thought-of-card to wallet.

Now it's stuff like that that blows me away! How in the world can you have someone THINK, no pick, but THINK of a card and know what it is?? Do they actually think of it?? If someone could give me some information on this effect and tell me where I can learn it I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. -Cory.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
A lot of you guys are saying Chicago Opener. I've never thought of doing an in the hands Chicago Opener. I would think that it would require too much audience control. I mean, wouldn't you have to have somebody hold the off-color dupe? And wouldn't it be the most natural thing for them to peek at it? That and the effect that the effect as I know it works best with a tabled spread to show the changed back the first time around, and to show it not there the second time. That is the standard handling. Is there some presentational angle that would make this effect good in the hands?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Just do a spread in you hands. I forget, is the Chicago Opener used with a gimmicked deck, or is it just a set up deck? And what's the effect? I forgot all about it.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 19:56, themagicman101 wrote:
Now its stuff like that that blows me away! How in the world can you have someone THINK, no pick, but THINK of a card and know what it is??

Didn't that wonderful, amazing, awesome Penguin video Born to Perform teach you "everything you know to go from beginner to professional?" Smile

There are many thought of card locations in the literature. One of the easiest, most powerful, and direct thought of card divinations is in Bannon's Dear Mr. Fantasy book. Definitely get that book, you might even think he was as good as Oz Pearlman! Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Back in time by Jay Sankey.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I previously said the Ambitious Card, but if it was with a borrowed deck, I would do Biddle Trick, Two Card Monte, and MY version of the Ultamate Transpo. None of these require a deck preperation except the 2 card monte, and I can do that before their eyes.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Here is my recommendation for a Card magic dvd. Get "Oz Pearlmans Born to Perform Card Magic" that is the best card magic dvd ever! I said it once and I'll say it over and over! GET IT!!!! It teaches EVERYTHING!!!!!
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 20:22, themagicman101 wrote:
I previosly said the Ambitious Card, but if it was with a borrowed deck, I would do Bidle Trick, Two Card Monte, and MY version of the Ultamate Transpo. None of these require a deck preperation exept the 2 card monte, and I can do that before theire eyes.

So basically, you only do the four effects that are on Penguin's Born to Perform video. Have you ever considered branching out a little? Broadening your horizons a bit? Card College is a wonderful thing....
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Oh no, I have tons and tons of effects, but if someone gave me a deck of cards, that were unprepared, those are the FIRST I would do. Then If they wanted more, I could certainly do lots more. But like I said, those are the FIRST ones I would do. And I certainly don't like Oz Pearlman, personally, I think he doesn't make a very good magician, but that particular dvd teaches some very useful tricks and sleights. And I am actually not buying any more CARD magic dvds, or books because I don't need more card effects. I got pretty much everyhting I need to make money now. And so far, Ive been doing good.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
One with a borrowed deck is Fingered Number 3. Hey let them ink up their deck. LOL just kidding but they take THEIR deck as a sovenir.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2006-01-03 22:12, Corey Harris wrote:
Card in pocket.

I do card in pocket sometimes, or what I'll do is make the card vanish from the deck, aka palming it off and putting it in my pocket, then have it appear in my wallet folded up. I could do this without a duplicate, and have them sign it aka mercury card fold and palm it to the wallet as I take it out. But it is easier and more effective this way because they take it out.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Snowball Aces by John G.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Magicman90210,

your comments are interesting. One second your saying how youd love to learn how to find a though of card, the next your saying all you need is the oz tapes (which teach everything apperently).

When I first started, I was the same. It killed me to not know something, and when I didn't know, I just played it off like I didn't care.

Now, I love getting fooled. Sometimes I ask NOT to know, just so I can enjoy it for a little while.

If that's you at all (and it may not be, I don't know) admit you have a way to learn and ask for help. that's what this place is for.

In person if someone told me that, ide agree with them, and then walk away, writing them off.

Is that bad? that's for you to decide.

On a side note, I agree with Scorch, OZ is awsome.

and how come no one said AC yet?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
toolman22
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of toolman22
I like a signed card to pocket
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Chicago suprise, again.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
doktokaro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of doktokaro
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 20:20, paisa23 wrote:
Back in time by Jay Sankey.

One of my favorite thing to do and always deliver great reaction, but I don't think it fits to the described situation by the OP: on the street in (probably) an offbeat fashion. For me, Back in Time is more of an elegant card magic that has its own time and everything's properly timed and played.

My pick of the trick is the card to mouth. That's it, no ACR or anything prior to that. Or if I happen to have a pen/marker with me, I'd go for card to pocket. Those two tricks FRY everybody, and I believe it's because people don't expect a trick to last only for a couple of seconds yet the impact is pretty impossible. It plays a lot with the rhythm in your mind AND in the spec's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pick one trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL