The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Royal Spirit Slates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Hi, I have searched for spirit slates in the forum. But none have given a review on the royal ones. It can be found here:
http://www.magicproshop.com/spirit-slatesroyal-p-2654.html

I was wondering if anyone has it? Is it good? Very cheap though... Thought I'd start simple and small.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Joe,

Those slates don't look bad. They are a good size, and the price certainly is right, although it will likely cost a lot more than the price of the to ship to Borneo Islands.

WHere most of the cheaper slates fall down is in how close the magicical working part matches the rest. But until you get them, you wont know.

An at least with a set in your hands, you can get used to the workings and then give tehm away and get yourself a better set if necessary. But you certainly would have a hard time finding less expensive ones.

My recomendation would be to get the m______c model. If that isn't clear, pm me.
The Doctor Knows.....
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Ok,

My review on these HILARIOUS SPIRIT SLATES!

These are definitely good... for close up magic!

Yes. Close up!

Why?

When it first arrived, I was expecting something BIG. As noted in their site (magicproshop.com -> 8.5- by 11.5-inch).

But when it actually arrived. It could just fit the palms of my hands. Yes. I mean the PALMS of my hands!

I'm no giant. I have the standard HAND SIZE as everyone else.

Basically, it really sucks to be misinformed on the website. SO MY ADVICE would be to ask and confirm with them the next time you plan to get something from Magic Pro Shop.

Joe
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
There's definitely a mistake on that description. I think the price gives it away (I can't imagine 8.5x11.5 Inch slates being that cheap), but that might not leap out and ring alarm bells to someone in Borneo like it would someone in the US.

Looking at the Fun Inc (Manufacturer of Royal) website shows what seems to have happened:

http://www.funinc.com/xcart/customer/sea......ng=slate

From doing a Google search, it looks like the regular sized slates retail for around $45.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Yes, they mixed up the descriptions for sure.

Maybe they had an over supply of the cheap little plastic ones and needed a clever way to unload them Smile

I should have known better since it coming from Fun Inc. Remember the old saying, it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.......
The Doctor Knows.....
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
That's fraud, you know.
Up to you if you want to persue it with them, but I'd say they owe you some bonafide 8.5 x 11 slates because that's what they advertised.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
They definitely owe me something better than an explanation...

If I advertise a car for sale in a car dealer's shop for $2, and I gave the real description for a real car, I have to sell what I offered. Its just legal stuff....

Lol... who wouldn't jump at an opportunity to buy a $3 slate??? Yes, it sounds too good to be true and I've dealt with them before! Lost my trust man...

sigh..
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Please let us know what happens.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Royal Spirit Slates (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL