The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Suitcase Table banner help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I do sooo much back-reading here but after a couple hours(!) this morning I hope I don't step on any feet with regards to re-posting something I should have read more up on.

So here's the question. I want to add a laminated banner (simple in design) to my suitcase table. So far, I assumed I would just create a pdf file of what I want then bring it to kinko's and have them print and laminate.

Does this sound like the best solution? Then I would stick some velcro adhesieves on the back and voila!

Is this a cost efficient and decent way to go? Thanks.

Nathan
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Check into one of your local sign making shops, they may be able to help you more than Kinko's can. Here's an example of a chain of sign shops:

http://www.signarama.com

Find one of these, or a similar shop, near you and drop in and see what they've got. I think you might want one of those signs printed on something that can be rolled up and stored in the case.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I was going to suggest a sign maker also. There is one in my area that make s custom decals for car windshields, etc. They can print off any design you bring in from a computer, or they have tons and tons of their own to choose from. They make magnetic signs and also signs from a lightweight, plastic material that might fill your needs.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Thanks guys, I am gonna check them out. They're a few in my area for sure (now that I look!).

Nathan
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Nathan,

The sign shops may also print on "canvas" or fabric. Check out Google.

Laminated material can throww off quite a glare if the light hits it right (wrong). It has a tendency to crease and it is hard to keep a curl out of it.

Fabric will be more expensive, but it also looks more professional and is very durable, provided you take care of it.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
Here's the best one I've found for vinyl banners. Desing yours on the web fast turnaround. Mine was desinged on the web and I received it two days later.

http://sugarhousebanners.com/
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Suitcase Table banner help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL