The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Incorporated Volume Two (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Chuck Hickok has published a sequel to his excellent Mentalism Incorporated (MI). The new book titled Mentalism Incorporated: Volume Two (MI2) and is every bit as good as the first volume. As a matter of fact, the two compliment each other and make a great set. But you don’t need MI to appreciate and value MI2.

Although the focus is how to be a better performer in corporate circles, the advice and techniques in this book apply to any mentalism venue. As a matter of fact, Chuck refers to, not just the corporate mentalist, but also the serious mentalist throughout the book. Well put. Good advice from one of our top corporate entertainers. The ideas in this book come not only from performing, but speaking to, training and consulting for major corporations through his adult life. In other words, Chuck knows all the aspects of the corporate world and he knows to what that world responds. He has been around the block more than a few times.

Chuck starts out with an update of this first book. He explains the changes made in his act between the publishing of MI and MI2. More importantly, he gives the reason for these changes. The point is not only to give readers an update for completeness, but also to show us that even experienced pros constantly examine their acts. Fine thinking going on here.

The rest of the book is divided into three major sections:
Forces for the Serious Mentalist
Essays for the Serious Mentalist
Routines for the Serious Mentalist

I know what you are thinking (I really do…remember, I am an intuitive). Why forces?
Well, Chuck notes that there is little written about forces for the serious mentalist. He says, and I agree 100%, that “it is important to have a solid understanding of different such techniques”. Chuck gives us guidelines for using forces as a mentalist, questions for planning a routine that uses a force and twenty-five forces for the serious mentalist. Some you know, some you don’t and some you most likely forgot. This section will force (no pun intended) you to really look at what you do in your act. Chuck then gives you some excellent application ideas for forces. This completes a well-rounded section.

The second major section is a series of fourteen essays on mentalism. Thought provoking and advisory, reading and digesting these ideas will get you thinking about improving what you do in performance, in preparation for and philosophy of performance. I found these essays exceptional.

The third section has three new audience tested routines that Chuck uses in his act. These are different from what you read last time, as Chuck has refined his act a bit.
The postcard memory routine (which I have been using myself), Fore Closer, and Testing Your Intuition.

You can buy the materials for these routines in Office Max, etc (post cards at the post office). A couple of things you need can be downloaded. Chuck gives the reader the web address for downloading what you need from his site to print the envelopes for Fore Closer.
As a matter of fact, you can download various charts and things, such as the planning worksheet for mentalists (from essay 14) from the site.

Mentalism Incorporated: Volume Two is an excellent book with great value to the serious mentalist or one who wants to become serious about the art. The book is of fine quality and Chuck’s heart and soul shows throughout the volume. Highly recommended!

By the way, Chuck has published the vast majority of this book in Vibrations over the last couple of years. It is a book that will be a treasured part of your library.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Also reviewed here.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110

Great Book !

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Thanks for the review.
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Let me second Tony's review. Chuck Hickok has gifted us with an excellent follow-up to MI. He offers much food for thought and action. Highly recommended.

Mark Ross
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Special Offer for my friends at the Magic Café

Order Mentalism, Incorporated: Volume Two on Jan 9, Jan 10, Jan 11, or Jan 12 and I will pay the shipping even though postal rates go up Monday.

Send $45 to my Paypal account (ChuckHickok@aol.com) and I will ship your order the day it arrives.

Add my first book (Mentalism,Incorporated) to your order and I will ship both books for $95 (This is normally $105 plus $6 shipping)

Learn more at either book at: http://www.chuckhickok.com./tools.html

Add any of my Tools for The Serious Mentalist from my site...and I will still pay the shipping cost.

The free shipping is for people in the USA or Canada. International orders add only $3 for shipping your order.

I leave for two weeks in Italy Jan 14th...so this offer must end Jan 12.

Chuck Hickok
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Volume Two is a fantastic book !

And worthy of the great reviews it has received.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Thanks to the 14 people who ordered my books under this special offer. Your books and props are in the mail.

48 hours left on this special offer.

Chuck Hickok
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Gentlemen,

Grab this opportunity.
Both books are imho very good, and will be an important addition to your education.

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Incorporated Volume Two (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL