The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » KM move? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
I agree, scorch. Samuel is a bit too "schizophrenic" in this respect. By the way, I really think that he sometimes takes everything too seriously here.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Try The Richard Sanders Show DVD. He also covers KM move in few of his tricks
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
I apologize if I came off as "schizophrenic", in whatever direction that was ment. After re-reading my answer, I can see how my response was abit direct, and for that I apologize. In the turn of the night, when I read this topic, I just got too annoyed by the fact that sodman12 was directly rude. I think this was my main problem. Why ask a question when it was answered the first reply. Why, after several correct and respectful answers, reply with "Thank you finial someone speaks."

Marco S.:
I would really like to know what you mean about beeing to serious. I take pride in this art, and to me it is serious. But I don't think that's what you mean. Please elaborate so that I can either chill abit, or argue for my actions Smile

sodman12:
Please accept my apology. I will of course try to answer your questions as best I can in the future. But please, show some respect for the answers you get.
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Well I accept your apology but the only reason I was frustrated was the fact that the question wasnt that big of a deal! I just wanted a simple answer not every tiny increment of information regarding the move. I will next time try ot be more polite
Thanks for the input
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
xformer7
View Profile
Veteran user
Central NJ
311 Posts

Profile of xformer7
The moon must be full because I feel like jumping into this crazy exchange.

I don't know why, but I am completely curious what "frustration" you were experiencing, sodman, when 12 minutes after your post, your query was answered completely and directly?

I, too, found the "finally somebody speaks" comment to be rude. Your follow-up questions requesting a video, etc. were also replied to quite quickly. I would advise a little patience for future posts.
georgef
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of georgef
Phread:

You say that the KM move is described in Expert Card Technique on pg. 332. I can't seem to find it... I've got the Dover edition. Perhaps different publications have slightly different page numberings.
Can you tell me under what section or heading is it described?

Expert Card Technique is the only reference that I have that has been mentioned in this thread. Very sad to say that I do not have Card College. I know, I know,... it's next on my wish list, but I'm saving up the $200 to buy all five volumes together. So many great books, so little money.

George
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1058 Posts

Profile of sbays
Samuel:

I don't know you, have no hard feelings towards you, but will give you my impressions of why I think some of your posts seem to come off as "Too Serious".

I have seen a few of your posts latley which seem to be trying to "Police" others posts. If you interpret someones question as worthless, stupid, arrogant or whetever ... why not just ignore it an move on? I see many posts that fit under these categories, but simply pass them by.

In another thread you said, "I'm so sick of answering this question over and over and over and over..." This is a prime example of what I mean. I don't understand what you accompolish by making a comment like this. Not to mention this is counter productive to your own views.

I also understand that sometimes the written word leaves things up to individual interpretation, thus sometimes losing the intent of the author along the way.

Just an unbiased opinion from an observer.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2006-01-05 16:31, jimmy da mook wrote:
I'm pretty sure doc eason does it on one of his tapes.

sorry to be vague

I have all 3 but at work right now. I just want to know if KM stands for something other then the creators?
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1305 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Nope that is just what it stands for ...nothing else.
Gary Kurtz also does this move on tape.
Ackerman does it as well on his tapes.
It is all over the place if you know where to look.
I believe that Marlo is also seen on several tapes doing this move.
Marlo also had a small mauscript called the KM Move that described the move and can be had for as little as $5 at most conventions.
Good luck hunting around for it ...the second post really did do a good job of answering your question and it didn't actually reveal the move unless you understand magician speak.
Later,
Mobius
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
sbays:
Thank you. I actually completely agree, and will get a grip on myself Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Hi Samuel,

sbays said it all and I see you already agreed.
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Marco S.:
Yeah, sometimes it's good to get som honest feedback so that I can get a grip Smile But I stand by the statement about rudeness Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Have I been rude in any way? Smile
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Nope hes talking about what I said earlyer, but the comment has been wiped clean of the post board. I think its time this post was over since were not even talking about the topic anymore!
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
OK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » KM move? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL