The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Car Appearence. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I'm missing it too. It looks great to me. You probably have a great opportunity to work a deal with some car dealers and some live TV appearances. Smile

Thanks,
Richard
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Yes, it looks great. For the Motorcycle Metamorphosis, is this method available in a variation in a particular book?

Jared
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
I was on stage when David Copperfield made the car appear. I was holding the rope. Crazy!
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Car dealerships! That's brilliant, Richard. I never thought of that. I may have to go down that road and see where it leads me.

Jared - I have not seen this in a book anywhere. The nearest thing is possibly Mark Wilson's "Magic Mummy", where someone is wrapped up in a cloth and when they are unravelled, there is someone else inside.

The working of MM is pretty simple, though. If you want to know how it is done, send me a PM or an email address.

Does anyone know where you can get videos of Copperfield's TV specials?
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I have the complete set of 20 DVD's coming to me from a friend who took the best copy of VHS tapes and compiled each and every special... I should have them here in the next few days!

I can't wait...

To answer your question, MagicFingers, you may want to try through Copperfield Forums or get ahold of me in the near future... Maybe we could work a trade or something...

Bryan
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
I got to see the Copperfield show last year in Vegas during the week of WMS. I think I was there when his crew had a bad night. The car bit was near the end and it went ok but some other illusions had major problems one of which was a dead give away. I felt bad for the guy that slipped up. Not only did he make a big ooops but it happened in the worse postion it could.
gibson99
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gibson99
WHere has DC been lately? It used to seem like he was on TV every few months at least.
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Bryan - I would be totally willing to pay for copies. Just shoot me an email when you're ready. Click on my "profile", go to my website and email me through there. Thanks!

Doublelift - which illusion was it that went wrong?

Gibson 99 - he is still touring. He loves that more than television. I agree with you - we need another TV special!
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2006-01-22 08:47, MagicFingers wrote:
Bryan - I would be totally willing to pay for copies.

Yeah, paying for copies would be more correctly refered to as bootlegging, which isn't encouraged here on the Café.

Paying for the originals would be better.

Paying for video tapes made off of TV shows would be......yep you guessed it.....bootlegging again.

Paying for authentic goods is trouble free, paying somebody for bootlegs would, (if you believe what they play at the theatres these days), make you a criminal.

Stealing a magicians video performance is really no different from stealing their illusions. They're not yours to buy, nor are they the sellers to sell..........not cool.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Thanks for your interest in my post here, and in other forums.

So we're clear, you're advocating bootlegging here on the Café?

Of course, if you're not advocating bootlegging here, your post makes absolutely no sense other than as an insult.

My post was about it being inappropriate to bootleg here on the Café...your post is about what?
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Yup - I guess you're right. It would be bootlegging if I paid for copies. Didn't think about that.

So back to my original question - does anyone know where I can buy legitimate copies of Copperfield's TV specials?
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
MagicFingers,
Two things for you:
One is, the MM is on DC's "Illusion" DVD if you are looking for that particular clip. Basically, that DVD is his "15 Years of Magic" special plus Barclay House, Grandfather's Aces, and Snow. I think that DVD is under $20 at Best Buy. Not too bad of a deal. Other than that, check Ebay for the VCDs of the shows (not sure if they're legit or not though).
Second, if your car appearance is done the way I think it is, you did a killer job at well...you know. No matter what, it looked crazy. I would say that you should definitely try to do something for a car dealership commercial. I actually do quite a bit of video/editing which has involved commercials and clips for ESPN. So all that to say, PM me if you have questions on the subject.

~Bryan
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Hey Bryan - thanks for the info. I do have the "Illusion" DVD, as it happens. And I have just discovered that the TV specials are available through the S.A.M. at a cost of about $20 per special. That's what I want - and they're legit!

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm sure you know how the car is done - I've checked out your website and you know your stuff! I may just PM you sometime soon about commercials.

Best,
Julian
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Car Appearence. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL