The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Looking for quality vent doll's site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Fellows, please help me, I am looking for site who sell expensive and quality vent doll. Preferably without slit in the jaw model. thank you very much....
Cheers.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Do a search for Selberg studios ...great stuff.....
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Thank you....I will do search now....
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Selberg's are great. I'd love to own one. If you can't afford his prices, Tim Cowles also make excellent figures for about 1/3 the price. His website was dummyworks.com but I just tried it and couldn't get to it.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Oliver! How's strings?

Look up Jerry Layne as well...he might still be at it. Maher Studio though winding down, still has some nice figures in the $850 + range.

Doug
http://MarionetteShow.com
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
For a dummy without slits at the mouth you'll probably have to look on ebay for an antique English figure. Davenport, Quisto,come to mind. Probably have to refurbish it. Slits on the mouth works is an Americana thing. To repair the leather works of the English figures, Ray Guyll and wife Barbara are the experts at http://www.grinandizzy.com
Good luck
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Maher is closing this year....so sad... Jerry Layne makes a well made dummy that will take a lot of use...I have one,and love it.....good luck.....Cardone
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
So sad :o(
I have one dummy from Maher, still nice in a new condition.
I cannot open this: http://www.grinandizzy.com/ what is wrong???
Hello Oliver, the dummywork is nice, I can open the site....
thanks all.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Sorry, that was http://www.grinanddizzy.com . Try that. Like I said, they repair the slotless mouthed figures. Ray also make excellent figures and would be the one to make a custom slotless figure for you I'm pretty sure.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh, no! Maher is closing? When?

Regan
Mister Mystery
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Regan- When I checked the site it said this year will be the last. SO if there is anything your looking for fmr them, nows the time. they will not be printing new books etc and will just be deminishing the inventory. Yes it is a sad thing. I have been buying from them since about 1984. They have always had great service and Will be missed to be sure.

Chris
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Very sad to see them go...... Clinton Detwieler and his family are nice people ...I hope someone buys the biz from them.......
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Chris. I am only half way through the Maher Course so I guess I'd better hurry and finish.

And yes, Cardone, it is very sad to see them go.

Regan
Mister Mystery
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Regan,
They will continue to offer the course and follow-up according the Clintons comments. The currently offer the course through Lee Cornell and his vent 101 site. So no need to rush Smile take your time and enjoy.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Chris,

Thank you so much for that information. I completed half The Maher Course and ran into a musical project that took away most of my spare time. I have just not had time to get started into the second half of the course yet. I am doing vent and puppetry in my shows now, but I still want to complete the course.

I'm glad I don't have to rush it becuase my schedule is still quite hectic.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ssuchayo: I found you a master figure maker who can do what you need...your design or his. Check your eMail please.

Doug
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Gosh Doug... You won't share? That is so unlike you. I Ssuchayo giving you free goat hair?
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Village: Not at all..I'll share with anybody who asks. I just didn't want to put his name in public forum as he is scaling down his figure biz to get into Film work...but he told me he will still be avail on a limited basis. Just being polite to the man. Smile
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Hey Doug, I was just messing with you. You know? Joshing. I never sling mud at someone that has a yard full.
Fur Focks sake. I call myself an idiot. How could I ever attempt to complain about someone else? Love you, you crazy monster maker.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Why does one side of your face have a brown worm hanging out of the nose?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Looking for quality vent doll's site (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL