The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing Act. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1279 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I am posting this here because I am fairly new to pickpocketing, but I would like to add a pickpocketing act in my show. I got some ideas from an episode of Criss Angel, but this is what I want to accomplish. First, I will do the paper ball over the head, I will put the ball in a hand, and get them to tell me where it is. Then see how many times I can fool them into thinking of the wrong hand. Then I will throw it over their shoulder to an awaiting assistant that I explained to them what to do before the show. They catch it. Then I take two pieces of paper towel and put a water bottle in between them. Cover the bottle with the top paper towel. Show them the bottom piece while I drop the water bottle behind them and the assistant catches that too. Then I crumple up both pieces to show the bottle has dissapeared. Then, I try to accomlish bth a watch steal, and a wallet steal at the same time. I do the two card monte while I hole their arm when Im moving the cards. This will provide lots of misdirection because they are watching one of the aces so they don't lose it. That is when I will steal the watch. I will hold it behind their back and tell them to WATCH carefully, the audience should be laughing their heads off now! Then I go behind the person I just stole the watch from and point to the cards asking where the spades is. While I get a hold of the wallet. Then when I tell him to turn them over, I take it out and show the audience that I have his wallet, and put it in my pocket. Then I go on to another card trick, I get him to select and sign a card, I shuffle it, and palm the card. Then I get him to shuffle it. I produce the card behind his back as if I just took it from the air (So the audience doesn't know I palmed it) and tell him that while he is shuffling the deck, I will take 20 dollars from my wallet. When I take the money from HIS wallet, I slip the card in (The audience sees this) and I close it up, and put the money on the table. I tell him that no matter how much he shuffled it, it will be the 27th card from the top. I tell him to count down 27 cards. He does so. While he does this, I slip the wallet back into his pocket. He then looks at the 27th card, and its not there. I say "oh well, I guess the 20 dollars is yours" Theaudience should get a chuckle over this. He goes to put it in his wallet, and notices that the money was his in the first place, and not only that, but there is a card in his wallet! And it is his signed selection! He is incredibly amazed, and the audience is now laughing their heads off! Then I ask him from a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most inpressed, how impressed he was. I say that if he says 10, he will get a prise. He says 10, I say, alright, here is a watch. Then he looks at his wrist cuz that watch looks pretty familiar! Then, its done. The audience roars into applause!!!

Now, here are the problems I have with it. One, I need to learn how to steal watches, and different types of bands. And two, I need to figure a way to make sure that the person I select to come up has the right watch, and a wallet. How would I do this???
Please help me make this act a reality. I put a lot of thought into this. And I think it would work great. So all you experienced pickpocketers, how do you tell that the person has the right watch, and a wallet? Thank you in advance. -Cory.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
1) Hi, nice to see someone interested in pickpocketing during tricks. =)

2) Pickpocketing should never have it's own forum here -- it's its own little niche, almost a "Secret" of itself (as far as more than just stealing a watch).

3) It's not called "the 2 card monte", but I'm sure many hundreds of others here will tell you that. ;P

4) Get "The Encyclopedia of Pickpocketing" by Byrd & Coats (4 vols) -- it has almost everything you could dream of stealing, including every type of watch band (even ones you think are unstealable). It even has recommendations on selecting a volunteer who meets your requirements (has a watch/wallet, a tie & friendly persona, whatever). -This-set-rules-

5) When you start, just go after people with the simple leather band -- it's the easiest to take and knowing one steal well is better than knowing 3 poorly (like card tricks). It's easy to spot, just look at their wrist!

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
And let me add that both Byrd and Coats are fantastic gentlemen.

They are really and genuinely class act. Nick used to be on the Café for a while but he vanished about a year ago...

Many of the steals taught in the EOPP work really well and I use them all the time at the restaurant. Once you have the mechanics of the steals down, its just a matter of what ruses to use to get your hands on their wrist (for watches)...
Logic Defied
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1279 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
3) It's not called "the 2 card monte", but I'm sure many hundreds of others here will tell you that. ;P

Then what is it called? When I learned it, it was named "The 2 Card Monte" Maybe you are thinking of something else, because that's what it said...

Thanks for all the help guys, I will have to pick up those videos by Byrd and Coats. Do all 4 volumes come in one dvd package? Anyway, again thanks. -Cory.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing Act. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL