The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sylvia Browne Blows It Big Time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
http://www.rense.com (scroll down and click on above headline)
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Or you could just visit the link directly here:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/sylviabrowne.html
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I could never understand how Montel Williams, supposedly an ethical person, what with his work with charities, CP(?) and all....how he could continually pimp and tout this woman. Surely he and his people know she's a fraud, getting rich, popular, a fraud, and, above all, a sleazy fake.

Anything for ratings, I suppose, but it's hard to have any respect for the man who continually offers her the red carpet on national TV to strut her stuff.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I totally agree. I figure that he must get a percentage or something. It's all about money.
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
What an embarassment
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2006-01-08 22:34, Slim King wrote:
I TOTALLY AGREE. I figure that he must get a percentage or something. It's all about money.
Dave

Psychics and supernatural phenomena are very popular in the U.S. Perhaps Browne is good for Montel's ratings, and that translates into money.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Heard her many times on the Art Bell show. Just couldn't get past her voice though.

Wonder if she will start performing as a mentalist now. I've never heard her mention a NW before though.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
If she used a NW or other mentalism techniques, I think she would be much more convincing.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL...I just went to the links, I had no idea how much money this woman makes.
Unreal, just to talk with her is $700!

Checked out how she changed her mind real fast when George Noory revealed the miners had passed.
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2006-01-09 01:24, jimtron wrote:
Psychics and supernatural phenomena are very popular in the U.S. Perhaps Browne is good for Montel's ratings, and that translates into money.

Money? Nah, she's in it to help people. So's he.

No, really. I'm serious. Stop laughing.
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Don't you think that its a strange coincidence that she predicted what the families had been told on the day though?......only to find out later that the families themselves had been misinformed?.

Dave
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I for one am not convinced she is real. Not just this miner issue but even before.
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Not trying to convince anyone that she's real or not, just find it strange that she predicted an outcome that had been told to the families......and they (the families) had been given the wrong information, up untill the point where everyone became aware of the real events, she must have been confident in the information she had recieved, wherever it had come from.........

Dave
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
It almost sounds like the fiction Steven King would write,ie. the miners were found alive but the corporation allowed them to die to cover up their safty violations.
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
I read an account about a UK psychic who does a show here. This guy's family were on the show and were treated quite badly by the production staff. They wanted to interview the family in minute detail before the pychic did his stuff. There was also an attempt to pressure them into saying the reading was more accurate than it was. There was also a part in the show, in which the psychic does his bit to camera which turns out to be almost a word-for-word account of what the mother (I think) of the family had previously told him when they first met.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Im pretty sure Ms Browne has a massive list of sources at her disposal for information.
Conlaw
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Conlaw
Well it isn't too hard to believe how she predicted what the families were told (which happened to be erroneous information) since several major newspapers printed front page headlines similar too "Miners Found Alive". Later, the papers ran late editions to correct the error. In fact, I find it odd that she 'predicted' what she could have easily seen on the news or in a newspaper prior to the correct information being released (there was a four hour time lag between the wrong info and the correct info being released). Basically, she just read the paper or listened to the radio that morning and called it "predicting the future".

Conlaw
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Absolutely correct. I also heared her sometimes and sometimes found it pretty obvious how she got her information.

My good education denies me to comment any furhter on subjects like this S.Browne.
Everybody who knows me will know how I hate so called psychics who plays with the life and destiny of others. And this example is one more reason why I am about to run a project here where we (some mentalists and "serious psychics") at some social organisations show them how such evil individuals work to protect them from beeing misleaded.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sylvia Browne Blows It Big Time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL