The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Aniversary Waltz Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Love the effect, find the patter irrelevant in some situations (teenagers, divorcees, older folks who don't remember what love is, male audience, family, etc.) Can someone suggest a totally different topic to patter on, preferably humerous, or even risque?

(Yes, I have searched the site, and don't think this has been specifically covered, other than salsa. )
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Juat try to talk in terms relevant to those you are performing for. Be merely conversational. The trick can carry itself.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have done it with all types of situations. From Best Friends to boy friend and girlfriend to First dates, brothers and sisters to anniversaries. It will work almost everywhere. Just need to adopt the situation. Oh and for the first dates scenario it kicks off the night for them. The girl may really feel like they were meant to meet. Oh this job of ours can be dangerous sometimes.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I've used Carl Andrews's, but it's similar in effect.

The only time I use the two people meant for each other patter is when it's two guys....

Then it's funny.

Otherwise, I just do the trick, have some fun, and make some lemonade.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Docelk,
I have recently been thinking about this. If you do the effect the way Doc Eason performs it, you can break it down to separate stages. The trick is composed of more than one effect. Think about how a story line can be applied to each stage of the trick, applying it to the couple.
For example, when you have the first person pick their card and sign it, what do you do with the card? You place it into a packet of other cards...kind of like this person figuring out who they are, and making themselves available to other people. Then you do the same for the other person.
Then what happens? You put both packets together, and square up the deck...two worlds coming together so that they could find one another (perhaps?).
Then what happens? You give the cards to one of them, the deck is spread, and what do you see? Their mate's card face up...kind of like the person first noticing them (you can get a LOT of mileage out of this part, but most magicians fail to realize this). Then, you do the same with the other person, and the cards wind up next to each other...kind of like how they first attracted each other, or first met (again, a LOT of mileage here folks).
Then what happens? Well, you know the rest, right? Hopefully you don't need to say anything after that, right?

I just think that if you take a trick and break it down to its stages, and think about what is going on in the trick from the spectator's perspective, then you will be able to apply a meaningful story (or patter). By involving the spectator, as one would do for Anniversary Waltz, the general storyline gets personalized and becomes even more memorable and magical for the spectator, excuse me, PARTICIPANT. They will not forget you.

I hope this helps...

Kaylan
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
All good suggestions, but what about a patter not based on romance? something all together different.
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Aniversary Waltz Patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL