The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Inventor's Index of Rope Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
A free on-line searchable Inventor's Index of Rope Magic is now beginning to appear on-line at The Magic Nook. Spellbinder began with what he had - the first volume of Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks. He has the other volumes on order and will begin adding them to the index as soon as they arrive.

Please note: This is NOT the same as an index to the book, although it might serve as one in an imperfect way. It was made to spotlight the INVENTORS of rope magic, so tricks which seem to have no inventor or for whom the inventor is lost in antiquity (such as the various slip knots which have been around since the invention of rope itself) will not be listed. Also, the page numbers listed, although fitted to the first printing of Abbott's Rope Encyclopedia, may not coincide with page numbers in other editions... but it is not important to those who are merely seeking to cite sources for their own inventions and creations and magic writings about rope effects.

Spellbinder will e-mail a free Excel file of any of the Magic Nook inventors' indices to serious students of magic, or magic authors needing to research the subject.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Where is the Magic Nook?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
If magic nook is interested in posting it, I prepared an index of new Encyclopedia of Rope Magic, that includes pages for the Dover addition.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2006-01-09 13:14, Whit Haydn wrote:
Where is the Magic Nook?

In that little corner over there >>>>>>> http://www.magicnook.com

Quote:
On 2006-01-09 17:53, John Long wrote:
If magic nook is interested in posting it, I prepared an index of new Encyclopedia of Rope Magic, that includes pages for the Dover addition.
John

Thanks, John. I saw your listings, but to weed out the inventors from just the contributors and the "friend of a friend of a friend" of the inventor I have to be able to look at the actual source material. However, I'd appreciate any time you can spend looking over my indices and seeing how they differ from yours and maybe catching me in a mistake. You never can proofread enough!

Another way you can help is by picking out the next book I should explore for inventions and inventor sources. I thought maybe I should start in on Tarbell, but you seem to have a big collection and maybe you can suggest a more needy type of magic. Or maybe you'd like to tackle an index of your own... not just a table of contents, but for sources of magic principles and inventions. It gets awful lonely out in the fields of research.

Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:23pm
We have now completed the index of inventors from the Stewart James' Encyclopedia of Rop[e Tricks, which contains volume 1 of the Abbott Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks (but with different pages) plus volumes 2 and 2 of Abbott's Encyclopedia and additional material added on by Stewart James. It is on-line, of course, but is also available as an Excel file, free for the asking to any magic inventors or authors who need to cite their sources.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Spellbinder,

How did this old cowboy miss this one? Once again you have made a major contribution to the field of magic. Thanks again.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Inventor's Index of Rope Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL