The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New York & New Jersey Stage Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I’ve read most of Ormond McGill’s books and now need to learn from some hands-on training. Can anybody recommend a NJ/NY based stage hypnosis seminar/school?

Additionally, can the kind of training one learns in a hypnotherapy course (of which there are several in this neck of the woods) be easily applied to stage hypnotism?
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
C'mon people, there must be someone in my neck of the woods who has some info on this?
JordanMalfreed
View Profile
Regular user
California
116 Posts

Profile of JordanMalfreed
TAC,

Talk to Jerry Valley. Perhaps he can help you.

Hypnotherapy and stage hypnosis have some shared elements, but they are different. In stage hypnosis, the hypnotist gets to choose his subjects...at least usually.

Following the protocols,
Jordan
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
You can see my friend, George: http://www.georgebien.com

I don't think he's taking any students at the moment, and is probably on tour in Asia, but he's considered the best trainer out there.
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
492 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
If you are specificially interested in stage work, don't worry about geography and check out Goeff's http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com. It's a great course and you will walk away feeling completely ready to book your first show. I know I did.

Sincerely

Peter Gross
Boston Hystercial Society
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Geoffrey Ronning seems to get a good deal of thumbs up here. thanks for the tip. Don't you think, though, that live training is an important pre-cursor to booking a show? It would seem as if hands-on experience was particularly important in hypnotism.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Live training, IMHO, is an essential. Without it, you really have no way to judge if your timing, tonality, pacing, leading or any of a thousand other variables are in line for a good show.

Also, getting feedback from other people in a class who are training with you, or who are already trained hypnotists can be extremely helpful from an experiential standpoint, as is getting the experience of BEING a volunteer yourself.

It was from being a volunteer that my book, now available on CD-rom, on stage hypnosis safety, came about.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
With all due respect, live training just isn't available to most people. If anyone has a list of hypnotists who train others live it would be nice. I expect it would be a short list.

If you want live training Geoff Ronning's DVD's, they are videos of live training...if you wish you could go to one of his trainings and actually get live training.

Otherwise, approach a hypnotist and ask him/her...bear in mind a good stage hypnotist isn't necessarily a good teacher.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Since it is difficult to find live seminars teaching Stage Hypnosis, is it advisable to take a seminar on Hypnotherapy, then supplement that teaching with DVDs by stage hypnotists?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New York & New Jersey Stage Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL