The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Alex Elmsley has died (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
SpareribsQ
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of SpareribsQ
A sad day in magic. for both Alex Elmsley and for Dennis Marks
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
764 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
What a sad day for all of us. This is devestating news. Alex Elmsley was truly a legend in our art. He may be gone, but his contributions to our art will live on forever. In fact, I can honestly say that the Elmsley (Ghost) Count was one of the very first sleights I ever learned. May he rest in peace.

Godspeed!

Scott Kahn, MD
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
How old was he when he passed? It is always a sad day in this thing of ours when one of the greats Pass on to there next adventure. His name, creations, and methods will go on for ever as long as there are those out there who perform his material. Rest in Peace Brother, and may your next journey be another great one. Smile
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
437 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Thanks for your time Alex...I'll miss you mate.
So much to do. So little time.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
He will be missed. He was one of the great thinkers of magic and his count will always remind me of him.

Rest in Peace

Craig
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We will all keep you alive Alex, with your special moves. Most of all the Elmsley Count.

Peace, Love and Soul.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4821 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, just wow.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 12:20, Scott Kahn wrote:
What a sad day for all of us. This is devestating news. Alex Elmsley was truly a legend in our art. He may be gone, but his contributions to our art will live on forever. In fact, I can honestly say that the Elmsley (Ghost) Count was one of the very first sleights I ever learned. May he rest in peace.

Godspeed!

Scott Kahn, MD

The only thing that I can add to this is "DITTO".

Thank you Alex for your inspiration to me and many others.
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 17:42, Pete Biro wrote:
And Dennis Marks, TV producer in NY, writer of Batman TV serials and other things, fine magician and dear pal, died this morning... Smile

Is this the Dennis Marks who marketed the Invisible Eye?

Gianni
Robert Black
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Robert Black
That is sad news indeed, another cornerstone passed on. Alex Elmsley, an innovator, has secured his place in the history of the art, having left us with one of the most powerful tools we now use, The Elmsley Count. Godspeed Mr. Elmsley and thank you.

My condolences to the Elmsley family. Rest In Peace.
"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity." -- Dr. Edwin. Land
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
RIP Mr Elmsley.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
Book Mage
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Book Mage
An enormous loss to the world.

May he rest in piece.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
A true inspiration, and a gigantic contributor to the magoc world. A Sad loss, just glad he had a full life.
Nick
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
My thoughts to his famly, rest in peace brother
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
One of the first "challenging" sleights I learned from my father was the Elmsley Count. At that time, I had wished I could pull this move off with next to little practice... Oh, the days of instant gratitude versus practice... anyway, when I was younger I could not stand the man who had invented this count... why was it so difficult to get it right? will I ever do this and look natural without hesitation? Needless to say it is one of the "rights of passage" in card magic now...

Alex Elmsley- I couldn't stand you when I was younger but I look up to you and the legacy to magic that you've left behind... you will not be forgotten.

*another wand is broken*

My thoughts and prayers are with the Elmsley family, may he rest in peace.
mannimiguel
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of mannimiguel
Rest in peace, Alex Elmsley. Thank you for your contribution to magic (particularly your wonderful count) which has given so many spectators so much wonder, and so many magicians so much joy.
stevengalloway220.
View Profile
New user
saltcoats
5 Posts

Profile of stevengalloway220.
I'm very sorry to hear this.Alex was a genius of his art and provided many a great move or trick.he will be remembered by generations to come.my condolences go to his family.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Alex Elmsley is most definitely a prominent figure in the magic world. His death has surprised us all, but his legacy will continue on.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
arielf
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
107 Posts

Profile of arielf
A sad day indeed. I was very fortunate to have met Alex Elmsley a few times. Here are a couple of anecdotes that may be of interest: http://www.isawthat.com/en/articles/art010.html

Ariel
Ariel Frailich - I Saw That! Exclusive Magic, publisher of Reading Writing, Card Stories, Performing Magic for Children and other fine magic books.
https://isawthat.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Alex Elmsley has died (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL