The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A quick question about Lethal Tender (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Hello,

You can get Lethal Tender with a Bicycle Back card at http://www.sascomagic.com

Scott
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I sewed the gaff card inside the lining of a chinese silk purse. The inside lining of the purse is black so the black art deception of the original still works fine. It makes for a very disarming prop... and very logical for patter. .

I bring out the purse with the gaff stuck to the bottom, lay it asside and do one or two C/S transpos using sleights and an extra coin, then I pick up the purse and steal the gaff for the final kill. No problem ditching the gaff afterwards... It's stuck onto the purse which can be held casually at the fingertips. You can take your time to ditch it. The final transpo is so strong you you could do a "chimp flip" as Mark Jenest would say!

I've had a lot of fun with this.

(BTW I thought the card was steel core not a magnet)
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
QWhere do you find the DVD on Lethal Tender?
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Not sure where to find the DVD. I agree with Trev Stone above, just tapping it with the wallet has worked great for me.

Anyone know where to get replacement wallets? I'm using mine so much, it's starting to wear out!
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17072 Posts

Profile of joseph
You can find the Lethal Tender dvd HERE ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I'd appreciate any comments from those who have the Lethal Tender dvd. I have been too afraid to ever show mine using the routine that came with it. Maybe its me, but the routine seemed to scream magnetic pick up! And I'd sure hate to arouse suspicions about coin shells - there are just too many wonderfully deceptive uses for shells. Am I wrong?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Did you read my post above? No one suspects a magnet with a silk purse.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Rich,
It took me a long time to get back to this, but your handling/routine(?) really helps me. After weeks it occurred to me I should follow the standard presentation (Hanklee has a demo) with asking the spec to choose a coin and then doing a trick with each.
I thought this would distract them from thinking about the m* principal and let them handle each coin without telling them to examine them.
After reading your suggestion, I think doing the Copper/Silver trick first the way you suggest is better. I don't know how to judge this. What do you think?

I love Spellbound. Following your idea of showing both first, I'll try putting the remaining 'coin' (actually both) in the folder. Then as if it were an afterthought do the trick with Dusheck's gimmick.

If I were to do the non-gimmick part afterwards, I am still looking for a good effect that makes use of the 'Chinese' part of Dusheck's coin. Know of any that involve putting a pen thru hole in a coin, maybe to remove it magically. I feel like there is something in one of the books I have (Tarbell?), but I'll have to search. Any leads would be appreciated.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A quick question about Lethal Tender (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL