The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coloring your own feathers... revealed. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Years ago I also looked into making my own feather flowers, I was also dismayed by the price and the waste. I personally would not pay several thousands of dollars for let's say a large botania no matter what the quality it, the best solution I can give is to try and find used flowers from fellow Magicians. You will be surprised what is out there, ask around and go to auctions, etc. I have several of the above mentioned as well as Garden of Flowers, etc. at a great price. Right now is a great time to purchase with the state of the economy.

Chuck C.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree the waste and prices are excessive. What most people fail to realize that to make good feather flowers you have to throw away over 75% of the feathers. At over $200 a pound that hurts.

Used feathers flowers may be ok but I would always see it first.

As for the thousands of dollars, price the materials and time involved making it and one will realize that the maker is making fifty cents an hour or less. It is a lot of money but it is an investment. Blackstone used his stuff for over 20 years hard. Levent has used his Fastest trick for over 20 years. Jody Baron is now just replacing his botania after 6 years and over 1300 shows. You get what you pay for.

If you want to look like the other acts, buy the Iranian imports and cheap stuff. If you want to set your act apart, bite the bullet and invest in the good stuff,

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coloring your own feathers... revealed. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL