We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill in kiwi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1544 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
For any of the bill in fruit effects, do you prefer to do a bill switch, or just vanish the bill completely ala Carl Cloutier. I used to like to do a bill switch, but now I think vanishing the bill is more logical. If you do a bill switch, aren't you supposed to be making the spectator think you changed the bill into another one instead of switch ing it for another one. So if you turned one bill into another, why is their bill found in the fruit?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
You can do a bill switch and still vanish the bill (such as burn it in a pay envelope - needs a little prep).
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
I prefere to keep it simple, vanish the bill (inside a cloth) and reappear it in the fruit.

Paolo Venturini
vsha2
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of vsha2
I agree, vanish it. simple
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I think if you do a switch, they shouldn't be aware of it. The switch is not the effect but, rather, a utility move to facilitate tearing, burning, etc. their bill. I would keep it simple and just vanish the bill.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I like to burn the bill Smile make little funny situation
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
nowyouseeitmagic
View Profile
New user
Mission Viejo, Ca.
22 Posts

Profile of nowyouseeitmagic
Yah I prefer to just fanish it. It looks way better
"Making some believe you are gettint into their mind is truely getting into their mind"-Sean McQuaid
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Bill Malone does a nice effect with it. He says the bill is fake and does a fold cut to see if it is real or not. The 20 dollar bill turns into a one so it gives him misdirection time to talk and put the bill into the lemon. Also makes for a weird situation since someone just lost 19 bucks
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I recall a discussion a while back about the spectator not getting enjoyment out of the effect because they were pre-occupied with their money being torn, burned, vanished, etc. Do you ever encounter spectators who get down right upset?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I've got that experience before. not in bill in kiwi or lemon routine. I just did a bill switch

from AUD 100 to AUD 5... My spectator was really got upset.

But still it's funny situation. After she got her money back, she was checking really carefull on the money Smile
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
I do a transposition of two clients' bills. The first person receives the second person's bill, but the second person does not get the first person's bill! It gets lost along the way and finds itself trapped in a fruit.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I think if you told them that they may not get it back it would get them ready for the trick. Usually if you warn them, even in a joking manner, it will go over a lot better
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
franksbank
View Profile
New user
UK, second star on the right
19 Posts

Profile of franksbank
I sometimes use a bill switch effect for Bill in Kiwi, but instead of changing the bill to another bill, I change it to an I.O.U.
Levity rules and rules don't.
ChristopherD
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
71 Posts

Profile of ChristopherD
I always like Ammar's version where he rips a corner out and destroys the bill.

All you have to do is switch the torn piece. Always seemed "cleaner" to me. I have had some people a little put out because they get a slimmy bill back, but I have another ready to give them if they are too put out.
Christopher David
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1544 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Ammars version is o.k., but it's missing one of the most important things in the effect...the bill has their signature on it!
ChristopherD
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
71 Posts

Profile of ChristopherD
Yes that's true...

He usess the torn corner as the proof. Kind of outdated. It seems that now-a-days... if its not signed, forget it. I'm with you.

I've had success with it though.. its just real clean.
Christopher David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill in kiwi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL