The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What self-working card tricks do you like the most? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 10:53, Alel wrote:

The next on my favorite self-workers list would be 'Invocation in Mute' - which is my impromptu version of the Bannon spelling effect. (Not that there is something wrong with the original handling - which I must say is beautiful - but its just that I don't like carrying more than two decks of cards on me whenever I go out. I got them both in Mnemonica order for a particular routine. So I felt the need to develop this particular one.)

I like your version Alel! Thank you for sharing this with me. It's a worry-free and impromptu Dead Reckoning!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
The Inviseble deck...
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 04:51, J.Warrens wrote:
I'm a big fan of "Prior Commitment" by Simon Aronson in his book "Try the Impossible".

Cheers.

NICE call!! This is a really powerful effect.

A few more suggestions:

Impossible! by Larry Jennings
Scamp by Raphael Szaja
Annihilation Deck by Cameron Francis
Up The Ante by Martyn Smith
Smyth's Myth (this is a CLASSIC)
Matched Picture Cards by Nick Trost
Intuition by Nick Trost
Impromptu Out of This Universe by Harry Lorayne
Against All Odds By Darwin Ortiz
Untouched by Daryl Easton
Queensspell by Simon Aronson
Timely Departure by John Bannon

Namaste,
Vlad
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
I love Impossible by Larry Jennings as well as some of the effects at the beggining of Jennings 67 which are self working.

I love some of the work of the CATO principle- the effect I use is something that I came up with.

However, Daryl's untouched, if used in the right circumstances, is just a killer. It's simplicity makes it one of the strongest things I do.
macgeddert
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of macgeddert
I've had great reactions with "It happens in their hands" and a couple of other routines from Juan Tamariz "Verbal Magic".

Just my 2 cents,

Michael
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 07:01, joseph wrote:
I'll second Overkill....

I'll second that again. Smile
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I had completely forgotten how absolutely STRONG "Overkill" is!!! Time to dust this bad girl off and do some damage Smile

Just curious: those who perform this fine effect, do you use it as a closer? It seems to me that, after reading the effect again, it would be pretty hard to follow this in a card set. Comments?

Namaste,
Vlad
koolcracker
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of koolcracker
I have to say the invisible deck. I really like Jay Sankey's "X" handling of it. I had no problem sacrificing my deck to that trick.
koolcracker
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of koolcracker
And now that I think about it, Jay Sankey's Astal Projection is also a fantastic self working card trick if you don't mind a gimicked deck.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-08-19 15:06, koolcracker wrote:
And now that I think about it, Jay Sankey's Astal Projection is also a fantastic self working card trick if you don't mind a gimicked deck.

Sankey's effect is excellent, but, I do not recall that he credited it properly. It is actually an Annemann effect straight out of The Jinx, called "King's Kards". Sankey's handling is slightly different, but, the effect first appeared long before Jay was born. I will have to check the video to see if Annemann was credited.

Namaste,
Vlad
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3688 Posts

Profile of JanForster
For some reasons (which?) Juan Tamariz' "Never blind nor silly" (from his book "Sonata", Roberto Giobbi published it also in one of his "Lightest" books) hasn't been mentioned. It is a absolutely impossible looking location of two selected cards. Besides that it prepares the deck for OOTW. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Maurice Fogel's Three Card Prediction is a classic which always plays strong.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Where, if I may ask, can I find Overkill? Is it in a DVD, book, etc.?

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Dom,

It's in Paul Harris' book, 'Close Up Fantasies'. The second book, I believe...
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Many thanx Alel...I also did some searching it's also on The Stars of Magic Volume 1 DVD.

Cardamagically,
DOM Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
I guess it is not really a trick in itself,but Simon Aronsons Self-Control is pretty cool.
magicbenyoung
View Profile
New user
Maryville, Tennessee
36 Posts

Profile of magicbenyoung
I love Steven Youell's The Card Trick That Has No Explanation. I guess it would qualify more as semi-automatic, but that's good enough for me!
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Brrr! by Thomas Baxter

Any Card Any Number
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Today, my favorite self-working trick is "Con Cam Coincidencia" by R. Paul Wilson, because the performance involves multiple participants.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
For a long time I did Frank Garcia's "Quadruple Coincidence" which is on one of the old Tannen 'Stars of Magic' tapes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What self-working card tricks do you like the most? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL