We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I'm ready to GO! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Well, I have "paid my dues" so to speak...

I have been an apprentice to several pro magicians in my area for 3 years, I have performed nearly 200 shows solo(mostly birthdays), I have read nearly EVERY major book on the subject of magic & performing, but most of all I have found "me". My style. I am very happy with "me", and I have recieved many rave reviews for "me" shows. I also ENJOY what I am doing.

I am ready to go "pro".
(ring phone, ring)

Uh, what does that mean?

I need advice on getting a website...

Also, I have a satisfied customer base, what do I do with it without "bugging" them?

Mostly though, stranger people call & ask to see my web site, instead of telling them to check out loser.com, I would like to actually point them to a site that is MINE.

Thanks 4 any help,
aaron
MagicRabbit
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 14:47, Smoke & Mirrors wrote:

3 words:

http://www.atlantamagician.com

(ok, that was one word technically)

Websites for JUST magicians, high quality work.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2452 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:

There's no shortage of offers (these days) for inexpensive domain names and web hosting - I use powweb.com, and the price is certainly right.

Creating your web content is a big creative project, but I really recommend against letting anyone else do it for you - you'll be shackled to them forever, they don't know you nearly as well as you know you, do it yourself and you can change it at a whim right away, pay someone to do it and they figure they'd better "earn their money" and design it to do fancy tricks that will probably not suit your task as well as a simple and straightforward approach. Surprise, surprise ... I have made a DVD about the issue ( http://www.goodmagic.com/websales/sellshow ) - there are free, or shareware, or inexpensive web page design programs that are very user-friendly (see a wide selection at http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?N=200203 )

Quote:
I have a satisfied customer base, what do I do with it without "bugging" them?

Email or snailmail them a "thank you" with a discount offer for this year's show.

Quote:
Mostly though, stranger people call & ask to see my web site, instead of telling them to check out loser.com, I would like to actually point them to a site that is MINE.

We're back to the website issue ... get YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME (www.youfigureitout.com) and put it on all your ads, yellow page ads, biz cards, everything. You can refer people to it as an instant color brochure (even include short promo video), and it will presently work its way into search engines and directories to have people phoning you saying "I called because I saw your site."
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
1) You need to decide whether you want to pay someone to design a web site for you, or whether you want to do it yourself.

2) You need to find someone to host your web site.

3) You need to register a domain name; you can often do this through the folks hosting your web site.

I pay $5/month to the folks that host my web site, and a small annual fee to keep my domain name registered. I build my own web pages in raw HTML, but there are authoring programs if you don't want to do it that way.

Search the "tangled web" section for advice to people who have asked this same question.

Yours,

Paul

________

P.S.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&17
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I'm ready to GO! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL