The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Annemann Effect (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
4DT and Telepathy Plus
A question and the answer
Par Optic vision
psuedo psychometry
Nile divination.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree with many of the previously named effects, particularly 4dt (which is probably why I have spent nearly 35 years of my life refining it).

But one that hasn't been mentioned yet, and which was the basis for one of my strongest effects, is "The Mystery of the Blackboard." By adding a delay in the timing as a logical disconnect, I have found this to be one of the strongest principles in mentalism.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
One of mine, but darn if I can remember it's name, involved some potassium, flash paper, a glass of water and the center tear. However with chemicals being harder and harder to get, I can't do the effect anymore.

Sad.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
His last presentation.

Classic, swank, uptown even if he was going downtown, bit of work.

A man with a plan and the brains to make it work.

The second is the bullet catch.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Eddiep1960
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Eddiep1960
Today I perform "mind or muscle" ( a modification idea but very similar)
Im selling my copy of "practical mental effects" hard copy .
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=78&0
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
Not so much the effect but I love his map pin force. I've adapted it and use it in a number of my routines
topchange52
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of topchange52
Pseudo-Psychometry
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1267 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Where can I find 4th Dimension Telepahty? I have PMM but not there. This effect seems fairly popular. Also, has anyone used "The Phantom Artist (PMM) in combination with Jay Sankey's "Omnilope"?
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Demitri
I can't remember if it's in PMM or only in the Jinx (or either), but 4th Dimensional Telepathy can be found in a few other places:

1 - Osterlind's Easy to Master Mental Miracles vol. 3
2 - Abram's book - Annemann the Life and times of a Legend
3 - Trickshop has it in a compilation pdf called World's Greatest Mental Tests. I don't have that, but I saw it in an email ad a while back.
4 - Max Maven has a variation of the original in Prism
5 - Bob Cassidy has a number of variations in print and electronic form. It's on his Mental Miracles DVD, and a great resource for it is his Journey the the 4th Dimension book.

Some of my personal favorites from Annemann are:

A Day in Your Life
Two Papers and a Spectator
Extra Sensory Perception
I also really dig his Psychic Writing effect from Mental Bargain Effects, which allows a propless, impromptu spirit slates style effect.

There's just too many to name!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Annemann's original appeared in the Burling Hull release, "World's Greatest Mental Tests." The manuscript was sold in a small box along with several of the gimmicks necessary to perform the effect.

My version of the effect, while directly inspired by Annemann, is fundamentally different in method and handling.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I cant recall the names but two I'm using at the mo are :
A newspaper test,I get the spectator to select a stock from the business section and then I reveal it. Oh, and I use their newspaper ;-)

The 2nd is a book test where one spectator shuffles a deck of cards, another spectator takes the top 3 and then uses 2 of the cards to give them a page number and the 3rd card to give them the amount of lines to count down (I use a dictionary) sometimes the word is circled, and sometimes I just mind read it. Even with 3 cards there are a number of potential outcomes (less when 2 of the cards have the same number!)

Of all the books I've bought and read, corinda and anneman currently make up 75% of my routine.
Pmm is an absolute gold mine of ideas which you can tweak and play with

Regards,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3685 Posts

Profile of takeachance
"Magic vs Mindreading" sets the agenda and is just a great opener to set the atmosphere and "The Telephone Drama" gets them on your side with a bit of humour but a kicker ending. Luv 'em
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1349 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I don't think there is an Annemann effect I don't like! He was a genius before his time Smile

Pete x
cboscari
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of cboscari
I like Pseudo psychometry, but there are many others... so hard to choose...
Chris
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3066 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I thought his greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1267 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 11:02, cboscari wrote:
I like Pseudo psychometry, but there are many others... so hard to choose...
Chris

Pseudo psychometry is wonderful! So fun!
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1267 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Is Osterlind's mental effects basically a DVD whereby he works to update all of Annemann's effects using more modern approaches/methods? If so that sounds amazing. Are their any other DVD's out there that do this? I've got some crazy ideas of my own but of course Id have to see what Mr. Osterlind (a Mentalism Giant) has done with this ageless material! I can't believe this sat in the back of my closet along with 13 Steps to Mentalsim. A whole show can be created out these 2 sources and it would be stellar quality. But back to my question .. where can I find updated, more modern (using new gimmicks/approaches/improvements) sources on PMM?

Thanks,

Jeff
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1267 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 11:48, Necromancer wrote:

Best,
Neil

Is that for real or do I sound ultra gullible right now? If so that's very intriguing.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:

Best,
Neil

Keyser Soze maybe?

:eek:
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 12:36, TheMag1cian wrote:
Quote:

Best,
Neil

Is that for real or do I sound ultra gullible right now? If so that's very intriguing.

Psst the quote relates to the devil, so some might say your sounding gullible right now, but I'm too polite Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Annemann Effect (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL