The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Where I found dvd
I want learn stage manipulation with silks, ball, cane

no card .

thanks
david
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
David;

check out Fantasios DVD's, also Jeff McBride has a 3 dvd set out on coin, ball, and thimble manipulation.

Matt
Nill
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Nill
McBride also got some others DVDs on Silks,Dancing Cane,Zombie and some others great stuff
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Also if you want the best books ever on silk magic I recommend you purchase the "Rice encyclopedia of silk magic". Almost every magic dealer carries them and they are truly the best books written on silk magic.

DJ
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
The Rice Enc. of Silk Magic is also now on CD.
Just thought you might like to know, dmagic.

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Laflin has great dvds on silk.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 22:26, Dynamike wrote:
Laflin has great dvds on silk.

you sure ?
I don't think...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I may be wrong. I'm going to check if and see if I have the right name.
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
Dynamike...you thought right!!
The Laflin series goes indepth on several important silk devices, and give a lot of ideas on presentation and routining. Perhaps they weren't dmagci's cup of tea, but search engine laflin on the Café here and you'll find other plaudits for the DVD series. Kenno.
The Amazing Kenno
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sorry I took so long. Check this out: http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/Vi......?caID=13
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Wich dvds laflin I need ?

The Rice Enc. of Silk Magic cd or dvds laflin ?
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
I need buy this dvd ?

Volume One - The Commando Act
Contents include: Welcome to the Series; The Commando Act in Performance; Flash Silk Production; Cane to Ribbon; Comedy Cigarette Stretching to Rope; The McCut & Restored Rope Routine; Ring on Rope Rhapsody; Commando Ring Routine (McBride's Linking Ring Routine) (Kabuki Rings); The Immortal Coil; Champagne Bottle Surprise; How to Use This Video; The Magician's Journal; The Commando Show in Theory and Practice; Setting up a Rehearsal Space; Mirror Practice and Video Rehearsal; The En-Trance and Opening Effects; Explanations of Flash Silk Production; Vanishing Cane to Silk Streamers; Cane Tips & Preparation; Cane Flourishes; The Finer Roll; Down the Shoulder; Across the Back; Inspiration and Motivation; The Commando Show Set-Up; Comedy Cigarette to Stretching Rope; McCut & Restored Rope; Scissor Blade Switch; The Loop Restore; The Panama Rope Trick Finale; McBride's Ring on Rope Rhapsody; Toss-On!; Knot off!; Karate Chop; The Hunter Bow Knot; Bow Knot and Ring Finale; Setting Goals; The McBride Linking Rings; Types of Rings to Use; Ring Flourishes; The Finger Spin; The Finger Twirl; The Crash Link; The Routine, Phase 1; The Silent Link; The Changeover; The Pull Illusion; The Gravity Link; The Audience Unlink; Pop Off Unlink; Up the Arm; Another Silent Link; Swinging Unlink; The Routine Phase 2; Chain of Three; Aerial Toss Link; Up the Chain; The Falling Ring; The Routine Phase 3; Ring Figures; The Globe; The Opening Flower; The Stirrup; Twisted Flower; Four Ring Olympic; 6-Ring Chain Finale; Jeff's Favorite Magic Books; Bonus Ring Moves; Spinning Link; Finger Twirl; McBride's Centrifugal Force Unlink; Abatar's Spin-Link; Reinhart's Silent Unlink; McBride's Spinning Unlink; Silent Link; Jeff's Ring-Go-Round; Tension and Release; Dan Harlan's Missing Link; Aerial Crash Link; Jeff's Tips on Key Rings; Thumb-Key Link; Jeff on Audience Participation; Jeff on Dealing with Difficult Situations; Jeff on Staging and Blocking; Hat Coil Production; Hat Coil Body Load; Hat Coil Grand Finale; Openers, Middlers, and Closers; Routining Your Show; Rainbow Mouth Coil Tips and Routining; Metal Foil Coil; Champagne Bottle Finale; Comedy, Drama, Contract and Texture; Exotic Mysteries; Flash, Color and Spectacle.
2 hours 25 minutes
Volume Two - Exotic Mysteries
Contents include: Exotic Magic Onstage in Performance; Cornucopia of Flowers Production; Snowstorm in China; The Silk Road; The Self-Knotting Silks; Silks and Bag; Blendo; The Giant Blendo; Egg on Fan; The Chen Lee Water Suspension; Magical Discipline; Creativity and Play; Explanations: Flower Clips, Tips & Tricks; Cornucopia of Flowers Production and Technique; Flower Loads and Table Steals; The Mini-Cone Flower Production; Advice on Costumes, Props and Tables; Silks Gimmicks, Clips and Holdouts; The Basic Silk Roll; The Triangle Fold; Fingertip Silk Production; Silk Popper Production; The Pushout Gimmick; McBride's Powertool Clips; Handling Emergency Situations Onstage; The Silk Road Routine; The Production Tube - Construction and Preparation; Loading Technique for Flower, Silk Streamers and Confetti; The Color-Changing Streamer; Flower Manipulations and Productions; Play, Practice, Rehearsal, Performance and Feedback; Transcending Technique; Bare Hand Silk Productions; Palmo Ball; Steals and Changeovers; Aerial Knot; New Vanishing Knot; Advice on Practical Tables; Snap Knot; Self Tying Silks; Blendo Rose to Silk; Care and Feeding of Your Silks; The Egg on Fan; Blocking and Prop Management; Handling Apparatus Magic; Customizing Your Props; Showmanship; The Chen Lee Water Suspension; Snap Silk Production/Diminishing Silks; Magic & Music Tips; Giant Blendo; Snowstorm in China.
1 hour 57 minutes
Volume Three - Classics Of Magic
Contents include: Dancing Cane; Techniques on Threading and Balancing; The Basic Dance; Turning; Around the Body; The Kick Start Opener; Floating and Twirling; Routining; Over the Head Finale; The Ideal Routine; Do One Thing Well; The Fountain of Silks Production; Construction and Preparation; Hat Steal and Routine; Fountain of Silks to Giant Blendo; The Top Hat Load; The Black Art Chair Load; The Finale Load; Listening to Advice; Gloves to Flowers; Color Changing Silks; Simplicity; Zombie Floating Ball; Gimmicks, Balls and Silks; The Quick Start Opening; Floating Techniques; The Cradle; The Arm Balance; Down the Edge; Around the Arm; Around the Back; Around the Neck; The Double Spiral; Zombie Vanish and Reproduction; Image and Success; Beginning and Ending Your Routine; Bare Hand Floating Ball and Manipulation; The Floral Finale for Zombie; Making Magic at Home; The Twentieth Century Silks; Cane to Silk; Dare to be Different.
1 hour 45 minutes
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 04:52, dmagic wrote:
Wich dvds laflin I need ?

The Rice Enc. of Silk Magic cd or dvds laflin ?

It all depends on how far you are taking "magic". If you want to take it to a top level, buy all we mentioned above. You don't have to buy them the same time. Just whatever fits you budget. If you just want it as a small hobby, buy Laflin's "Silk Sensation", McBride's Volume 1 of "World Class Manipulations" and McBride's Commando Act DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL